Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Supper Respiratory Tract

This qualifies as the second real blooper of the school year, dear reader, a student's mother having suffered from an infection thereof. The first one was this: "My back porch is only parsley covered with a sliding glass door." Ouch. I'd hate to have to tape all that parsley to a glass door, sprig by sprig.

The supper tract is familiar to me, though. Right now I am in the foraging segment of my meal habits. Occasionally, I don't do my regular shopping at H-H-H [she chokes on the name] and have to search high and low in all the cupboards and pantry for something to call a meal. This is when I'm glad I live alone because my friends, the higher class ones, would blanch [if you're my student, that means turn pale].

Last night I struck gold when I remembered the Oscar Mayer weiners in the meat bin. Two pieces of white bread and voila!!!!

I have low standards. At least I didn't put Velveeta on it (the Arkansas state food). I don't buy Velveeta. I like to prance by it and pretend I don't see it. I cut Velveeta dead.
But I think about it sometimes. Late at night when the standards dip even further.
Off to school.
A bientot
love,
becky
counter free hit unique web

4 Comments:

At 11:52 AM , Blogger Rick Bylina said...

You need veggies on top of that hot dog. Onions, relish, and maybe 'shrooms.

-rick
http://muse-needed.blogspot.com/
wrw06

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You're right, Rick. BUt the fridge is bare right now. That's the trick of the foraging segment, to make do.

Sort of.

If that makes sense.

Thanks,
b

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

"Supper respiratory tract" -- comedy gold! Wouldn't it be cool if someday when someone searches google for that they find this post listed, right under the part that says "did you mean: upper respiratory tract"?

I love how the Velveeta box says "Full of Health from Milk!" on it. I'll admit I have a box in my fridge, bought I don't know how long ago, that I can't bring myself to eat.

 
At 6:12 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

SM, you must try it with white break in a bowl of tomato soup--yum!!!!

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home