Saturday, September 19, 2009

Time for Action

Healthweigh Doctor Scale
Okay then, here we go. I am sick of addressing the scale. The little bastard.



I am taking charge.



I am making a plan.



Ten pounds need to be gone. If those pounds are listening, they should be very afraid.



Here's how I'm going to do it. I start tomorrow, Monday. I weigh myself on Mondays. 1500 calores a day, give or take. I'm not going to be obsessive about it and set myself up for failure. What I am going to do is use this blog to motivate myself. Every day I am going to post what passes my lips (as my mother used to say). Anything I eat or drink has to be divulged. No lying. I promise.

1500 calores and two miles of walking. Wine allowed once a week in moderation. Those are the rules. This will be a four-week endeavor. A four-week blitz. Either I will lose the weight or I will lose some of the weight or I will have the mean=spirited pleasure of proving that all this dieting bullshit we read everywhere is wrong. Are we ready, dear reader?

What always kills me is restaurant eating. I think I have successfully gotten rid of any potential restaurant outings. There are no parties coming up and no events that I can think of.

We will call my weight X for now. We start tomorrow. This picture was taken today and you can't really see the fleshy part of me, but it is there.





Tune in tomorrow, dear reader.

We'll see how it goes.

4 Comments:

At 1:55 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

You could probably lose half of that just watching the Patriots trying to get back to form...

Your blitz should be interesting, even though I don't see anyone in that picture who needs to lose weight. :-)

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh, how kind you are, sm! What a teeth gritter yesterday, huh? There were so many "shoulda's" in that game.

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

Don't talk to me about football. I'm a fan of the Michigan State Spartans. We know from suffering.

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Am so sorry about the Spartans. My daughter is a new Badger fan, you know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home