Saturday, December 09, 2006

There are many people



"There are" is the most common beginning to any student essay. Let me amend that. "There are" is the most common beginning to any thought, any paragraph, or any portion whatsoever of a student essay. The second most popular phrase is "many people."

Do not doubt me on this.

There are many reasons many people think this. There are many reasons many people think that. There are many more words in my word count now than there were before I caught on to this trick and many people will rejoice at this, most particularly my professor. I have her totally bamboozled. She is friendly and likes me. Are you really reading this, Professor? [yes I am] Many of the things many people think are some of the things my teacher told me are some of the many things that people think there are. And there are many people who think that.

Yeah, baby! Bring it!

There are some people who don't think what the other many people think. They are the ones who many people think are having a lot of thoughts about what some other people think on the opposite side. The arguments on the other side of what many people think are caught up from the wrong point of view. You can't just say it isn't true unless you read about what many people think.

I'm ready to mash the chocolate wafers, boys and girls.

love,becky

3 Comments:

At 12:44 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

There are many of us who are laughing out loud about this! Although there are reasons that some of us might also be worrying about what many of our own essays were like...

 
At 6:51 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

How true, SM1. Mine own were astonishingly bad.

b

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Is this for real? When I was doing something similar to your line of work, the students had to keep a diary for a placement they were on. The most memorable beginning was - 'Oh. My. God.'

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home