Sunday, January 06, 2008

Exercising Thoughts

My local track is covered with snow so I can't use it. Well, I could, but not without the big Army boots that come up to my shins and leave bruises. I think I'd look funny too, wouldn't I? Slogging along? The true Virgo purist in me says SO WHAT? WHY WOULD YOU CARE ABOUT THAT?

I cower in front of this purist. She is badass all the way.

Nor do I wish to walk on the regular road. Call me crazy, but I don't like dogs and oncoming cars or especially backcoming cars, the kind you don't see. My friend and I always argue about which side of the road you're supposed to walk on. I say the left, which I think I learned in the Girl Scouts, but my friend says that's extremely annoying for the driver.

YEAH? SO? I let that badass babe talk for me sometimes.

It's even tougher to walk on the road with a friend. About every minute and a half you have to split up and go single file as you wait for vehicles to pass. Space is always limited and especially with ice and snow. I rather like solitary walking anyway for the head-clearing aspect.

Yesterday I went to the track but walked around the high school several times instead.High School PhotoIt was okay. Somehow you feel a little foolish walking around a building, even though the same thing is done on a track. This is fine during school vacation but I wouldn't want to do it when school was in session. All those kids watching me out the window gives me the heebies, not to mention trying to pass me notes: GET ME OUT OF HERE or WHO PICKED THAT OUTFIT?

Recently I have been "running" upstairs in my house. I do jumping jacks every so often just for variety and may be threatening the weight bearing struts in the floor. Badass says don't sweat it.

Also recently I tried walking around the mall as some do. I ended up buying several items and in fact couldn't get past three stores without being lured inside at least one of them. I got some lovely jangly earrings, but no exercise.

Ah well, dear reader, I will figure it out.

Did you know there are Tasering Home Sales parties now? God. Women are considered extremely likely marketing targets, naturally. Here. Try one of these better-than-brownies. Aren't they good? FRED!!! CAN YOU COME IN HERE? Now just stand there while I taser Fred. Oh Fred, you are too funny. What an actor.

Tasering doesn't appeal to me. I don't like violence to start with and surely forgiveness is better than vengeance anyway and involves much lower chardonnay expenditures, logistical tracking, and/or jail time. Screw Badass on this.

A bientot
love,
becky

4 Comments:

At 4:06 PM , Blogger Mark said...

Happy new year, becky! I guess that walking track would be hard work, but it does look like the perfect place for reflection, contemplation and all that stuff. Do you have ice-skating? And tasering home sales parties? That sounds like a scene just asking to get written.

 
At 5:42 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

We do have ice skating, Mark, but somehow I have lost one of my ice skates. Losing one??? How did I do this? Dunno.
Yes to the taser scene. You can have it if you want. You'd do a good job on it. HNY to you.

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

From Tupperware to tasers -- what is this country coming to??

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

It makes you wonder, doesn't it, SM?
b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home