Tuesday, May 20, 2008

OFF!

Off in the head as always, but off to merrie olde....

Through the miracle of Blogger pre-scheduling, I have arranged for this post to go up at the exact moment my plane will lift off from Logan Airport. I'll have a chardonnay! No, I'm supposed to sleep so that the five hour time difference won't incapacitate me. HAH!!!! Bring me that wine!

Here is my hotel.

It's on the banks of the Thames. We have a balcony room just across from Parliament!!! I plan to sit out there and yell my votes across. NAY! I SAID NAY ON THAT! CAN'T YOU HEAR ME? GORDON BROWN NEEDS A HAIRCUT!

I may need to do the Wicked Witch imitation out there, just so they know.

Of course I know that it won't be anything like UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS.
But if I see Hudson ducking down into the servants' entrance, that will be my little secret.
I am also planning to seek out certain others.
If I walk through Bloomsbury Square and see Mrs. Woolf having a turn on the same block, that will also thrill me.
I don't plan to post for a week, dear reader, although it could happen.
A bientot
love,
becky

3 Comments:

At 4:33 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

You my dear writer are just one incredible chick - ;looking forward to those updates!! Happy travels and say Hi to VW for me ;)

 
At 1:12 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Cool to sync the post to the departure -- but did you leave on time??

I hope you're having a smashing time over there, and yes I'm jealous!

 
At 6:41 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, you guys!!!!

It is too grand for words. I am in heaven. Today I got delightfully lost and ended up sitting and gazing at Buckingham Palace. I had sent her an email but there must have been a miscommunication because I didn't hear back.

Lots of pix to come. b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home