Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Simple Pleasures

WHAT: Kitchen Cabinet
WHEN: September 2, 2008
WHY A PLEASURE: Because it is newly cleaned out by me. Every Tylenol and Alka Seltzer free sample, every ten-year-old Tetley teabag, every twenty-year-old chocolate chip ( I think they were chocolate chips) has been pitched. It's newly and spaciously stocked and will be a pleasure to open every day.



WHAT: Town square/park in Clinton, Mass.
WHEN: August 31, 2008
WHY A PLEASURE: The sign says it's a "passive park" and I love that. This park will not talk back to you. It will not have road rage or display rude behavior or get pissed off. Ever. I of course advise against passive verbs, but am passionately in favor of passive parks.

WHAT: Plant of some kind, not unlike a hydrangea, my really favorite plant, but I don't know what the name of this is. I ain't no gardener.
WHEN: August 31, 2008 (near Passive Park)
WHY A PLEASURE: I rejoice in these blossoms because of their beautiful white clustery-ness. Clusters are good. Plus it's growing out of gravel and cement which is good too.

WHAT: A sundial! A real one!
WHEN: August 31, 2008 in Passive Park
WHY A PLEASURE: Because it makes me feel scientifically knowledgeable. Look at that. It's 1pm, right? The thing works! How did they think this up? Would it work at Hannaford's?
WHAT: A weird blossom
WHERE: Passive Park, Clinton, Mass.
WHEN: August 31, 2008
WHY A PLEASURE: Because it's near the end of summer and just knowing that there's a blossom like this actually organically growing and being spewed out by a plant, is nice. Nyah nyah nyah to cold weather


WHAT: Fountain in Passive Park
WHEN: August 31, 2008
WHY A PLEASURE: This woman is one of four, who sits and watches the water fall. She and they think deep thoughts. She is the only one wearing a necklace, though, so I noticed her. Why is that? Is she the most materialistic? Is she the one with a rich lover? A sense of fashion? Like the others, she is passive in the extreme.
But she may think the hardest and get the answer first. Maybe I will too.
Off to the salt mines, dear reader.
Ready for the rest of life.
love,
becky















2 Comments:

At 2:17 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I love this! And may you too have a clustery day today with a bit of time to ponder the fall with a necklace on. I agree - a Passive Park sounds so very attractive!

 
At 6:27 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I guess if I had to sit in a fountain all day, I might as well wear a necklace. Yes, passive is the way to go for parks, eh? Thanks, Kay.
b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home