Friday, October 03, 2008

Believe it or Not

As I walked into my place of employment yesterday, my heel caught on something in the sidewalk and I went down SMACK on my head. It was comical in a way with blood spewing everywhere, a little Friday-the-Thirteenish for my tastes, and then all the kind people surrounding and trying to help me. I was taken to the ER nearby and got five stitches next to my eye. "Guess my modeling career is over," I said to the grouchy doc who was doing it. He said nothing...uh oh yikes. To top it off, I broke both elbows and have a wonky finger, though not broken. All of a sudden, everything I do requires strategy. I am managing, but won't be posting for a while. Stay sane, everybody. Remember--there's them and there's us.
love,
becky

6 Comments:

At 10:17 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Aw heck Becky, what did you go and do that for? I hope you are okay and not downplaying it all, cos it sounds rather dire to me.
So sorry about that happening to you.
I hope you can sue your place of employment and get lots of money - enough to retire and spend the rest of your life writing!
Yikes!!! Two broken elbows.
Sending you good wishes.
(Great profile photo btw.)

 
At 9:17 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

On no! Ouch!! Stitches are the pits, but on the face even worse I imagine, and yet the elbows have got to be the worst of it. Very sorry to hear -- feeling helpless about it over here.

That's it -- you definitely get Christmas off this year!

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger Mark said...

OMG b, that sounds nasty. And you still managed to keep the jokes coming while getting the stitches :-) Obviously didn't break your funny bone (sorry!). Get well soon. x

 
At 11:28 PM , Blogger Hank Phillippi Ryan said...

What? What what?? Becky, my dear one..what can I do to help???

Sending all good thoughts, and food if you need it..

xoxoxo Hank

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger JETaylor said...

Oh Becky - that really sucks. Last summer (not the one that just passed) I did a similar thing, although I didn't fall, I twisted the daylights out of my ankle & knee - to the point I was laid up at home for 6 weeks. But broken elbows and stitches - you poor thing, I feel your pain!

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Hey thanks to all of you guys. I am recovering very well and will probably be back here quite soon. I can't stand sitting around.

love,
b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home