Sunday, March 07, 2010

Am I Supposed to Know These People?

jessica_simpson
This is Jessica Simpson. And I'm supposed to know her how? I've had it explained to me a few times, but I still can't get it straight. Is she, like, a singer? A TV star? A lot of them I don't know, of course, because of my lack of TV. My students can't believe I don't have TV. I sort of can't believe it either. Over time, you lose touch with things and I think that's happening.
Lady Gaga This is someone called Lady Gaga. I keep thinking it's a mispronunciation of Zsa Zsa, a person I do remember and know about. But no, it's someone else.
Metallica, Justin Timberlake share common stalker


Okay, I'm really happy to get a chance to ask this question: I know this is Justin Timberlake, but who is that? Is he, like, a singer or something? I think he dated somebody famous--is that it? Oh wait. Was he on the Beverly Hills high school show where all the students were 30 years old? Did he play Luke Perry? Or did Luke Perry play Justin Timberlake? I have no clue.
Kid Rock Mugshot
This is Kid Rock and until I googled him, I'd never seen his face. Isn't he a wrestler? I have no idea who he is. Are we sure he's not a wrestler? His name sounds like one. Come on.
kim kardashian Was Kim Kardashian on a TV show? Is she a singer? Is she a Real Housewife of somewhere? She also dates people I never heard of and this delays my progress putting my groceries on the conveyor belt at Hannaford's because I have to peer in and look at the tabloid. So what the heck? Who is she?
taylor swift.jpg ALL COUNTRY SINGERS are unknown to me. They are cute, don't get me wrong. But are they Tricia Yearwood or Carrie Underwood Or Tricia Underwood or Carrie Whateverwood? I do not know. I only know Garth Brooks and Dolly Parton. Okay? That's who I know. Country music has definitely exploded in the US. Don't rely on me, though I like some of those Achey Breakey love songs. Nothing says heartache like a country song and I am not immune. Make that guy love me again, okay?


Some celebrities I know well. These are two. They are gorgeous and cute and charismatic. Look out world.
A bientot plus
A rivedercci con amore
becky

11 Comments:

At 1:17 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

You got it right! The true celebs. are the ones nearest and dearest for sure - the rest? Puh!

 
At 1:59 AM , Blogger Eileen said...

OK, I'm ashamed to admit I recognized every so-called "celebrity" whose photo you posted here. In my defense, none of them interest me a whit, but I do recognize the names and photos.

I need more to do.

 
At 6:14 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Kay and Eileen. I still say it's a function of TV ownership and I'm not sure it's a good thing that I'm losing touch.

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

That pretty blonde with the ringlets is Taylor Swift. Sam likes Taylor Swift because he rides in a carpool with a little girl and prefers listening to Taylor to Hannah Montana. I don't blame him.

 
At 2:28 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh, she's very cute. Sam has good taste already, I think. :)

 
At 1:09 AM , Blogger Alchemy said...

I really like your blog. Your thoughts on contemporary icons is so hilariously out of touch it's captivating. Your voice especially about the $30 mug reminds me of the Series of Unfortunate Events books. I'd like to read more like this.

 
At 4:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

halı yıkama

 
At 3:40 PM , Anonymous ccd dome kamera said...

http://www.guvenkamera.com/ ccd güvenlik kamera kameraları kamerası gece görülü ledli dome kamera dvr kart

 
At 3:17 AM , Anonymous güvenlik kamerası said...

Güvenlik kamerası

 
At 4:19 PM , Anonymous kamera said...

güvenlik kamerası www.xguvenlikkamera.com

 
At 6:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

legrand
legrand bayileri

legrand anahtar

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home