Monday, December 28, 2009

Trashed and Wasted

In England they have Boxing Day on December 26. Here at my house we have Trashed and Wasted Day. It's a day when you don't have to get out of your jammies. A day for lounging in bed and only coming downstairs to nuke up a plate of leftovers.

We deserve it.

Not that it wasn't fun. The kids were cute.

Little Molly is so precious and so great to hold and squeeze. She is definitely not trashed and wasted, but raring to go. That's because she gives her all and then takes the rest she needs. As opposed to the adults who give their all and keep giving it until they have consumed 7000 calories and two quarts of mixed liquor. No no, only kidding on that part. I am left with mass quantities of wine and Bailey's and various liquor. Oh, what a problem.




Maeve in her new firefighter costume. I could use an axe right now myself.








Guests at Maeve's tea party. I assembled this table myself with help from my daughter on the chairs.

She is a genius.




My boeuf bourgignon looked good. It looked really good. But in truth, it wasn't that great. I overcooked it somehow. I don't mean that it was bad, just not spectacular, you know?

Oh well. At least now I have a 12-quart saucepan when I need it.




Here's Martha lighting it up for the meal.





Next up:

Weather there will be decent. I NEED SHOES!


Arivederci and a bientot, dear reader, I will have to delay my year-end review until I return.
Becky

2 Comments:

At 8:40 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Martha you did good!
Those grandkidsof yours are adorrrrable. Adorrrable.
Have fun in Rome! You so deserve it.

 
At 10:58 PM , Blogger Marina said...

Beautiful table. You look so Martha Stewart. I didn't know u had it in you. Maeve and Molly=BEAUTIFUL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home