Monday, December 07, 2009

Uh Oh

Patriots QB Tom Brady I go out the door for a short trip to Target. The game is well in hand. Tommy doesn't need me. Well, SHIT.

Beaten by the DOLPHINS? Oh, how declasse. Of course I remember the years when Dan Marino looked down his angry nose every time he beat us. I never saw an angrier player. Even now when he is a commentator, I wait for the day he will snap.

TERRY! YOU STUPID REDNECK! THAT IS NOT WHAT THE COACH IS THINKING! WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO THE GREEN ROOM AND READ THE RULE BOOK, OKAY?

I guess we're not going to find the love in football this season.

One good thing:


Oh man, I am LOVING my new Fast Lane transponder. I used it for the first time on Thanksgiving weekend and it was awesome. I sailed by all the peasants waiting in line. I can't truly explain the rush you get when that green light lights up and you go through, almost without slowing down. No more rooting around in handbags for money.....I know I had another quarter here, fk it that's a euro, what is wrong with me? And no more little cards to stow somewhere easy to find and then totally forget where they are as the toll nears. GODDAMN IT, THROCKMORTON, WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE THING? I DON'T ASK MUCH FROM YOU AND NOW YOU'VE LOST THE TURNPIKE TICKET. Oh, when it comes to the Fast Lane, dear reader, everything is good.

Students will soon drive me insane.


One young woman approached my desk and leaned into my personal space as if to confide something secret. I leaned toward her as well, to facilitate her confidence. She gushed at me, "I have the swine flu!" I could feel the germs.

"Abraham and Sarah gave birth to Isaac when he was 100 years old."

[that can be painful]Abraham called by God - a portrait by Guy Rowe


"Assisted suicide involves lethal does of morphine."

Photo of white-tailed deer doe in the snow



"Guns are needed for self-defense and to haunt more rapidly."



And finally, dear reader, "anesthesia is needed to relive the pain of death,"
which I suppose would be true and also in a paper about lowering the drinking age,
"I believe that drinking isn't as bad as running for president at age 35."
Hard to argue with that one as well.
Enjoy the holidays, or as we say here at CFTE, enjoy the goddamn holidays. A bientot
love,
becky

3 Comments:

At 2:16 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Ha ha -- best swine flu story ever!

I'm with you on the Pats synopsis... sigh.

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

It's a wonder I don't have swine flu with all the germs flying around my two campuses. I hope you are hanging in there too, sm

 
At 12:15 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Thanks -- so far so good. I don't often get sick, but I had an atypical illness back at the beginning of the summer and I hope it was the swine flu (I stayed home as if it was), since that should keep me from getting it again. Hope it spares you -- I'll be yout have a good immune system being exposed to college kids all the time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home