Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Even though Halloween...

This was the front end of a sentence I had my students complete today. Theory: with this beginning, they are forced to write a complex sentence, an accomplishment for some.

"Even though Halloween was last night, I'm still eating candy today."
Yeah, buddy!!!

"Even though Halloween is over, my car didn't start today."
Sorry? Relevance?

"Even though Halloween is for kids, I still like to dress up in a costume."
Cool, dude. Just watch it with the Karl Rove drag. Haha, like my students would have a CLUE who Karl Rove is. And if any of you are reading, prove me wrong.

Okay, okay, I changed my title. My book is named COUPON GIRL--the one that will make me have to leave town and quit my teaching job, boys and girls--and I felt my title had to hook more into it

Here's a little code for those of you who have been reading: on Sunday? Big H was Big K.

Maybe someone will think it's sexual in content. That WOULD be from the edge. Not mine, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home