Saturday, July 15, 2006

House Paint

In my travels lately I have noticed a number of houses painted in extremely strange colors. I'm sure this is more typical of New England since we by and large don't have brick houses. Everything is clapboard and they all have to be painted.

I LIKE THE PURPLE.

NAH, I THINK A REALLY NICE PEPTO-BISMOL PINK IS WHAT OUR HOME NEEDS.

BUT WE'VE ALWAYS HAD PURPLE. WE COULD GO A BIT INKIER THIS TIME IF YOU WANTED.

WELL, I SUPPOSE. WHY DON'T YOU POUR THAT BUCKET OF RED IN THIS GREEN ONE AND SEE WHAT WE GET.

OKAY. HERE GOES.

HMMMMM. THAT COULD BE IT.

These houses are always on main roads in medium to large cities. Sometimes their shutters are in disrepair, but not always. Sometimes they are in perfect condition. I imagine the owners sitting out on the porch in their madras bell bottoms and striped polo shirts. The men's pants come to mid-calf when they sit in a chair. God, I hate that. Men should err on the side of too-long pants. There. I've said it. The truth shall set you free.

Also, men should keep their fingernails really short.

In truth, men's fashion is easy. You shouldn't notice a man's clothes. That's the way I feel about it.

Next time I post it will be time for cake.

A bientot
becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home