Saturday, December 16, 2006

What did you say my grade was?



You earned your grade.

You earned it when you spent time or didn't spend time on the research paper.

You earned it when you came to class or stayed away.

You earned it when you handed in all the essays or did not, and when you rewrote some of them or chose not to.

I did not earn your grade.

I am not this person:














Nor am I this person:












Here is where you should look for answers to this conundrum:







Goodbye and good luck to all of my students. You have enriched my life and I am better for knowing you.

Inexorably, tumultuously, egotistically, ecclesiastically, calamitously and with undulating waves of pretentious ostracism,

A bientot

Mary R. Motew
[you can call me Becky now]

3 Comments:

At 5:12 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I hope your students know just how lucky they are to have had you as their tutor / lecturer (but I bet they don't, the ingrates!) Love the mirror!!1 THAT is brilliant my friend - so true. So simple.

 
At 7:10 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Chief. I really love teaching, it's just a bit exhausting from time to time.

b

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger Martha O'Connor said...

Yeah, I know someone who told me that, early in their recovery from addictions, they had been advised by a friend who had been there to keep a post-it attached to their mirror stating: You Are Looking At The Problem

So true in life as well as school!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home