Monday, February 26, 2007

And the music winner is...........



Forget about the Oscars, okay? These are the coveted CFE winners from all time!!!!!







Rufus Wainwright's version of "Hallelujah" is fabulous. My dear friend Mark whose blog I read told me that Mark Cohen wrote this original tune, which I did NOT know but now I do and hats off to Cohen for it. I guess it was on the soundtrack of SHREK of all things, which I didn't watch and didn't know about. A much softer and less angry version than Jeff Buckley's but it grows on you. Go Rufus.





Obviously a much younger and less hip shot of Rufus, who is on my playlist twice and this time for ONE MAN GUY. I think it's a spinoff from his father Loudon Wainwright somehow and has to do with a heterosexual theme and it's a joke from Rufus to his father???? Dunno, actually, but I love the song.






Buster Poindexter and HOT HOT HOT. If this doesn't make you dance, there's something wrong with you.






U2 and BEAUTIFUL DAY. And you know what? They're right. Bono's got that sexy voice and the unsexy rest of him.







Stevie Wonder and SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED. That guitar opening gets me every time. Not to mention the lowdown nasty beat.

One more post and the next one will have the GIANT ALL TIME WINNER of Becky's Playlist Favorites!!!

Meanwhile, February is mincing, eking, drawing to an ignominious close. Good riddance. Papers coming in today so my life is over for now.

love,
Becky

2 Comments:

At 9:51 PM , Blogger Mark said...

Thanks for the shout, b! Stevie Wonder is just brilliant. Superstition kills me every time, as does Master Blaster. Gold.

Sorry about the papers too.

x

 
At 11:47 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I find the contrast between Wainwright's version and Buckley's version a bit startling, perhaps heightened by only hearing the 30-sec clip of the former while being familiar with the latter. Might have to buy it to try to understand how it works in different ways.

I think of wedding conga lines whenever I hear Hot Hot Hot. In fact I think I was in one started by that tune just a couple months ago.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home