Saturday, February 10, 2007

More Music Faves



Continued from my own list of 19 and I'm sorry to say I have nothing from Elvis. I do think he is HOT, though. Don't you?

My father once made my brother and me come into a room to look at a television screen where Elvis was gyrating.

"Look at that!" my father cried. "Howling to the moon!" That's how appalling it seemed to him.

I always try to think of that when I see rap performers....that's my reaction to THEM. I guess the generations just keep going forward, right?

My apologies for not linking these tunes, but it's beyond my capabilities just now.





Okay, so Phil Collins is next on my playlist performing "You'll Be In My Heart." A true blue kind of LOYAL song, I think. I used to think if I ever got married, I would want this played, but now I don't think so. It says too much about how different the two people are and I don't think I'm going to go off with someone THAT different. A beagle? Another species? Nah. Not at this point in my life. But hats off to Phil anyway.







"Morning Glow" from PIPPIN is a great song. If any group of words stands for the sixties and all its idealism, this tune does. You really feel that morning glow as it shines through the tent walls at dawn. Sorry, but this picture is from another song in the show, I think the love song, which is good but not on my list. PIPPIN was the very first Broadway show I saw and I was mesmerized. Can't they come back out and do one more number, I thought?





REO Speedwagon next performs "Can't Fight This Feeling" and who hasn't felt that way? You're friends with someone, you're friends, you're friends, and OH MAN, you want to be something else. REO was a college band in Champaign, Illinois, where I went to college so I have a special fondness for them. Not that I knew them there or that they knew me or anything. They were big time. I was just a dorm kid.




REO goes again with "Keep On Loving You." What's to be said? A great song and I don't think they played with that many instruments, did they? They have a distinctive sound. They used to play at Chances R in Champaign, otherwise called just "the R."







And third time's the charm once again for REO SPEEDWAGON, ladies and gentlemen! This time for "Time For Me To Fly," a great song of freedom. Oh yeah, baby!!!!
I'm so happy to honor this tremendous group. Wonder where they are.....


To Be Continued

A bientot
love,
Becky



counter free hit unique web

4 Comments:

At 3:43 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

In honor of the Grammys (Grammies?), I made up the iTunes links for ya:

Phil Collins - You'll Be In My Heart
Morning Glow from Pippin (or a Michael Jackson version??)
REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling
REO Speedwagon - Keep On Loving You
REO Speedwagon - Time For Me To Fly

Did you know there was an actual vehicle, the REO SpeedWagon? Coincidentally, I just learned that last weekend from my Car & Driver page-a-day calendar (not my favorite category of Christmast gift, but sometimes informative). Here's some info and a picture of one variant.

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I find your musical favourites fascinating Becky. They certainly aren't boring ... I haven't heard of most of them - apart from Phil and Elvis of course. That comment of your dad's about 'howling at the moon' puts me in mind of my own father's horror of such musical changes! (I actually preferred the British Cliff Richard - my cousin was the one who loved Elvis, so of course I had to find someone else - and so I found Cliff and remained faithful to him for a very long time... ;)

A friend of mine likes to tell funny stories on her cats too. You're both very funny women - and you both know how to light up my day! (Or is that a song?)

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, you guys. SM1, you are awesome.
Yes I did know there was a vehicle called that. It was slightly before my time.
b

 
At 12:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!!

Is it good quality and is it safe? - http://steroidssupplier.com
Excellent products!!

See you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home