Friday, July 06, 2007

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy.......




Yes, dear reader, these are the last days of the Dream, or at least the Full and Complete Dream where I don't have to work at all. Starting Monday that is over (although I will have Tuesdays and Thursdays off ), so I guess the good news is: I will soon be having Friday ZEST again.


Here I am taking notes and using my new CELL PHONE. What is wrong with this picture?

1) I am more of a slumper than a sitter-up-straighter like this dame.

2)This woman is a total brown noser. You can see it in her sucking-up expression. OH YES, SIR. OF COURSE. WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR BACKRUB NOW? DO YOU WANT ME TO RUN OUT AND GET A DAIRY QUEEN CONE FOR YOU?
3) When I am actually on the cell phone, I am confused in the extreme and frowning and pushing buttons madly.


4) I wouldn't wear that purple schmatte.


One more word about cell phones: they are like having a pet. You have to carry them around, take care of them, charge them, not forget them. Actually, let's let our hero Bette have the last word----




GOD. Hang on tight because it's going to be a bumpy ride (I think I got that almost right).


My friend Tom is Living the Dream right now, so a Tip of the Hat to him!!

RECENT CAT ACTIVITY

Race like NASCAR throughout house

Sleep like the dead.

Race like NASCAR

Sleep like the dead.

Caretaker leaves house. Knock picture frames off bureau.

Caretaker returns. Endure scolding.

Watch the fun as caretaker discovers kitchen sponge in living room bookcase. Endure further scolding.

Make tap-tap-tapping noise secretly while caretaker sits at computer and wonders what it is.

Get inside large cardboard box from computer purchase two years ago that caretaker never got rid of. This is her own fault. Make tremendous noise with plastic bags.

Practice Easter Parade promenading skills on dining room table. Stretch out front paws as far as possible for satisfying scratch on living room carpet. Endure loud scolding.
Gouge the leg of caretaker's friend.

Race like NASCAR.



Here they are trying to make off with my treasured Book Woman bag. I don't know where they found it, but their scheme is foiled.
Enjoy these precious July days, dear reader. I have been doing my 500-words-per-day on the nun book. It's slow going, but since the goal is so low, it's easier to reach. A little bit of self-psychology.
Am just finishing LAY OF THE LAND by Richard Ford. Absolutely nothing happens in it but it is delicious and wonderful. I love it. Very funny too in places.
A bientot
love,
becky

5 Comments:

At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment about "living the dream" - Yes, I guess you could say I am.
It is a nice change to my usual hectic, scholarly, intellectual, and "life-giving" existence. (That was said nicely, I must admit.)
But, even though you will only be living the dream 2 days a week. It is still a chance to have what some people never have. Continue to write - even though the dream is not as big. My thoughts and "dreams" are with you.

Tom

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, friend.

b

 
At 1:17 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Sounds like those cats are living the dream -- what a riot!

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Once again, you are so right, SM. They are totally Living the Dream...but only until Sunday.

b

 
At 10:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool blog. like the pics :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home