Thursday, January 24, 2008

I Got Your Horoscope

Are you ready?



Okay, here goes.

Planets are aligned for you today. It's a good time to pay bills and take care of money matters. Also that change in career you've been contemplating? It's coming closer. It's almost here. Take action on it today if it feels right to you. The secret in your heart burns

brightly. Don't let it go out. Small talk with acquaintances can be annoying today, but rewarding in the long run. Stay with it. Intellectualizing your experiences can make them easier to bear.



Okay then. You can mail me a check. I'll keep my psychic abilities up and focused. As long as they don't interfere with my housecleaning schedule. Ahem.



stack-of-books.jpg



















First days in the semester are hopeful and exhilarating as always. Students take great care with the smallest of assignments. I am struck once again by how many manage to get themselves enrolled under very adverse circumstances.

God love 'em.

I try really hard to get everybody's name, but it inevitably takes me a couple of weeks. Are you Kristin? Brittany? No wait. You're Jennifer. Ashley. Oh god, WHO ARE YOU?








I saw another movie, dear reader. Man!!! I am the Viewing Machine these days. This one was 27 Dresses with Katherine Heigl of Grey's Anatomy. It was cute. Not bad.



The best scene was KH finding out that the man she loves has just proposed to her own sister. Yikes. She keeps herself composed and finds the exit. Once outside the door, she yells MOTHERFKER at the top of her lungs. Gotta love that.



Wonder what would happen if I did that in class.



Stay warm, dear reader. I'm wearing my ugly gross coat with dirt stains on it, which I would never do if it weren't cold, cold, bail-out-of-New-England-type cold.

A bientot

love,

becky

4 Comments:

At 9:30 PM , Blogger Mark said...

It's impossible to say "you should write horoscopes" without it sounding like a backhander, but that's pretty slick work Becky. The astrologer where I work seems to have something against Aquarians, we always get a crap reading. This week: "With out-of-sync Mercury reeling its way through your sign over the next few weeks, you may encounter more than your fair share of misunderstandings. Now, more than ever, you need to be completely clear about where you stand."

I'll take the secret burning brightly in my heart over that any day.

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

It happens that a number of my friends are really "into" it, Mark. I've held off as long as I can, you know?
There's an astrologer where you work? Yikes, that sounds like fun.

b

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger Mark said...

Yeah, she sits behind a special curtain in the open plan office.

Actually, that's not true, sorry! She just sends in her readings and we print them. And she offers special personality charts, if you're interested...

 
At 8:10 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I already know I'm disturbed, but thanks.
I forgot you work at a magazine.
Cool.
b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home