Sunday, October 19, 2008

One More, Baby!

On to Game 7 as Sox top Rays
Jonathan Papelbon should be allowed free sundaes at Friendly's for life, or at least until Friendly's goes out of business.

Game 172
It was a corker. All tied up and the always manly Jason Varitek--Tek, Tekkie, Man With a Low Hairline, stands in. POP. BANG. HERE COME THE JUDGE.
Jason Varitek should be allowed free burger/fries ensemble plates from Friendly's for the same duration.

Sox force Game 7
Here is the bench after his dinger (did I say that right?). He's been in a little bit of a slump, um, let's not talk about that. He is The Man. As I've always said, I know he would change my tire on the highway and that means a lot to me.
You can see baldie Kevin Youklis up there in the pic and he deserves a free Awful Awful at Friendly's any time he wants it.
"Are you taking your break now?"
"I'm trying to."
"Well, don't, because Kevin Youklis is out there and he wants another Awful Awful."
"No prob."

And while I'm helping to bankrupt Friendly's, Terry Francona at least deserves a bottomless cup of coffee whenever he is in there. Okay, that's enough. Hideki Okajima will have to pay for his own (though that really isn't fair).

Evidently, TBS had problems last night with the broadcast and the game couldn't be seen until the end of the first inning. I love their explanation for it. They suffered a failure of both "the main router and the backup router." Nicely done, guys.

HEY. THREE PEOPLE HERE ARE NAMED MURPHY. COINCIDENCE?

This is not a problem for me because I don't have cable. I am forced to listen to the radio unless I mooch off a friend and of course radio reception here at Camp Becky is sketchy, especially at night.
"Well, there you have it, Joe. And here comes David Ortiz to the plate, swinging the......OH BOY LOOK AT THAT......and makes the out. That completes two innings of play here at Tropicana Stadium, where the score is a very surprising Tampa Bay jaflskdjf and the Red Sox kfjsldkfj....."

Nineteen current Red Sox have played in a Game Seven. Only three Devil Rays (thanks, Amalie Benjamin at the Boston Globe), but of course we all know what that means. Bupkus. Zip. Well, unless it DOES mean something.
Image
Hope is alive, dear reader, and let's hope we get to join Rocky B in Philadelphia.
Lassie Junior and Rettig (1955)
TIMMY'S IN THE WELL, GIRL!!! GO FIND HIM!

NO, GIRL! DON'T BE DISTRACTED!
Let's keep our eye on the prize.
A bientot
love,becky

3 Comments:

At 11:08 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

Since the Tigers were a colossal disappointment this year, I'll BELIEVE in the Sox!

I don't have cable either and mostly I don't care but I truly miss watching hockey. Hockey so rarely makes it to network television.

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Merde.

 
At 12:02 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

(Pardon my French, by the way -- they'd just lost and I hadn't emotionally detached from it yet! Maybe switch those Friendly's freebies over to Randy Moss for a week until we can step back and appreciate the whole baseball season...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home