Saturday, April 08, 2006

Traveling

Even if away for only one night, it's great to get home. My trip was exceptionally fast since I bugged out early today. My knee was bothering me and I didn't want to go through hell again trying to get out of there in the dark.

I ordered postcards to support my book signing events. I refrained from strangling the poor man at Office Max, who kept waiting on other people while he was waiting on me. NO!!! IT'S STILL MY TURN!

"Excuse me, I'll be right back," he'd say. He was earning his pay. People come in there with cuckoo requests for ink stamps, posters, and I can't even imagine what. Plus the people clutching their documents to their chest, trying to keep anyone from looking. That makes me want to look, of course, and I try my best. Tax returns? Are you cheating? Oh, I saw that. It's a jungle.

I have just spent twenty minutes trying to get Microsoft Word to instruct me on how to make mailing labels. I CAN'T GET IT. IT'S SCROTUM!!!! I'm hoping my friend can help me tomorrow. As soon as I get these mofo postcards in the mail, I can concentrate on rounding up the Final Email Push.

I think I'm going to get into bed and do crosswords for a couple of hours and crash. That would be appendix and liver, right up my alley.

A bientot
becky

1 Comments:

At 3:53 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Ha! Maybe scrotum will come into common usage! Sounds like a jungle all right, but you did make progress I trust? Hope it all looked better in the morning!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home