Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Christmas Returns

I am writing a scene about Christmas right now. It's particularly festive in New England because so many people leave their decorations up for so long. You can see wreaths on the doors until spring and some houses have brown withered holiday garlands stuck in peculiar alcoves into the summertime. Seriously, you can be driving along and see a barn with a wreath way up in the corner near the roof. Whose idea was that? How will they ever get it down? I guess egg nog makes people do strange things.

IS THIS GOOD?

NO! PUT IT HIGHER UP TOWARD THE ROOF!

HERE?

HIGHER.

I THINK I'M GOING TO FALL!

IS IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH?

DEFINITELY.

OKAY, THEN. COME ON DOWN FOR A SNORT.


I am meeting one of my classes after almost two weeks (spring break has just ended). I also gave them the "bring in an editorial" assignment. Let's see how many of them remember it. Maybe I will accidentally turn into an ogre, as in Shanna Swendson's book ENCHANTED, INC, snarling and puffing in front of their eyes. What a sight.

A bientot
Becky

2 Comments:

At 11:16 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Okay I'm a random, but thought I'd drop a line cos i so like your blog!
I got here by having a look-see who likes James Thurber!
Have a good day :)

 
At 6:58 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

thanks, chief!

JT forever.


becky

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home