Tuesday, August 15, 2006

blacktop

They are paving my road tomorrow. The sign says my road will be closed. The question is, what does that mean? When I leave to have my root canal at 3pm (ugh), will I be barred from driving?

STOP, MAAM, OR WE'LL SHOOT.

OKAY THEN, I GUESS I CAN'T GO.

That was easy and an outcome I wouldn't mind. Or does it mean that we can drive on the street, but waaaay over on the edge, where the squirrels tread, my little enemies. Maybe I can run a few over.

I noticed quite a few cars parked down at the end of the road and now that is making sense. Earlier I thought it was one more party in my neighborhood that I wasn't invited to.

I am reading MAGICAL THINKING by Augusten Burroughs, who is brilliantly funny. The story about finding the "rat/thing" in his bathtub had me choking with laughter. And believe me, I need a few laughter chokes. I also read his DRY, about going to rehab, and it was compelling.

I must give another recommendation for my friend Gail Stockwell's DAVID AND MAX, a middle grade book about the Holocaust. I don't think there are too many of those and this one is done with the sensitivity one would want for that age group.

Humidity has fried my hair once again. IS THAT WOMAN WEARING A BIRD'S NEST ON HER HEAD? Yes she is. And since I am going to the hairdresser on Thursday, I see no reason to do anything about it, so be grateful you don't have to see me today or tomorrow. The poor endodontist has to, but I don't mind horrifying her, since she does the same to me.

Actually, I'm meeting with a stockbroker today at 4:30. Isn't he the lucky guy?

I've decided to do something shocking at the hairdresser's. Stay tuned.

A bientot
becky

2 Comments:

At 7:25 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

A lovely catch up on your life Becky ... a life sprinkled fairly liberally with closed roads, root canals, squirrels, a bird's nest, hairdressers,stockbrokers and a missed invitation to a party's gotta be one helluva ride!

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Chief. See you down under, eh?

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home