Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday Zest

Friday Zest is different when you're on vacay.

All the days are zestful, so none seem particularly so.

It won't be long before Friday Zest picks up its usual gusto, though. How will I ever get up every day at 6am and out the door by 7am? How will I do all that work?

I worked diligently on my syllabus yesterday and will continue that project today. It's so bleeeeeeech compared to regular writing.

The bird book I was working on (with a co-writer) may have come to a standstill or even a dead stop. It's tough to write with someone else, that's all I can say. I always think it's funny in Hollywood when they say "creative differences."

"He wanted Italian dressing and I wanted Hershey's syrup."

"She says four people in a hot air balloon over the Grand Canyon is too many and I say the more the merrier."

"He has too many adverbs."

"She doesn't get to the point."

And the phrase undoubtedly is a euphemism for other things, such as outright hostility.

I'LL SHOW YOU CREATIVE DIFFERENCES. SEE THIS GUN?

I have great admiration for people who can create a work together. Imagine creating a painting together.

VINCENT VAN GOGH: I sink a bit more yellow here.

PAUL GAUGUIN: Mais non! Pas de yellow!

VVG: Move your hand, sir!

PG: I say no yellow!

VVG: If I say yellow, voila! We will have yellow!

PG: And you shall have no ears at all!!

Did anyone see Liza Minelli last week on Ellen Degeneres show? God, she looked awful and seemed as though she couldn't walk right. I felt so bad for her, but maybe it's time to get away from the inky black hair dye.

A little Friday cattiness to start the weekend.

A bientot
becky

3 Comments:

At 9:25 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Loved that conversation between Gauguin and Van Gogh - it made me laugh.
So back to work soon? (Moan ...)
A 6.00 am start sounds a little cruel.

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger Alyssa Goodnight said...

I liked the VVG/PG dialogue too!
Surfed over from Agent Kristin's blog. Your book sounds VERY funny--I plan to pick it up.

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, you guys. Gosh, my day is made. I should be able to slog ahead partially on my syllabus without groaning too loud.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home