Wednesday, March 14, 2007

BACK ON TRACK



Finally, the snow has melted at the track and Becky is back on it!!! I think for the late fall and winter my entire weight loss has only been around 3-3.5 pounds. Still, I am happy for it and enjoy wearing my "thin" clothes.

Also enjoying my intermittent spring break, three days off this week and two next. In the summer I call it Living the Dream. I suppose now it's Living the Halfway Dream. Or just Halfass Living, what about that for a title? It could be followed by Halfass Summer Love Affair or Halfass Tales From the Grocery or well, gosh, the mind boggles at the possibilities.

See? This is how great series are born.

Other titles for other books down the road:

DRINKING CREAM
DARK SIDE OF THE SEESAW
IT'S A GREAT LIFE IF YOU DON'T WEAKEN
LIVING ON CRUMBS
A TAP ON THE SHOULDER
SPINNING BACK AROUND

Titles are fun. If only the book itself didn't have to be written, haha. On my very first circuit around the track I came up with a good idea for the old lady book. It has to do with American Idol, a show I have never seen, but may have to for research purposes.

I kind of like this Halfass thing, though, I gotta tell you.

A bientot

Love not from Florida,
becky

6 Comments:

At 11:55 PM , Blogger Mark said...

Any weight loss over winter is pretty amazing I reckon – well done. And the ‘halfass’ series has serious potential. Halfass Valley High is what immediately came to my mind. I like “Dark Side of the Seesaw” too.

 
At 2:22 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Maybe you could have one of your characters be a part-time or aspiring writer who always has a lot of title ideas, but never manages to get a book going under any of them for other reasons. The titles could even play off the real story in the real book containing the character, little take-away commentaries on what's going on in the story. That would give you a showcase for your own predilection for writing titles within the context of another book. You could call the whole thing "Entitlement" or something.

Or is that just corny?

 
At 5:03 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

You are looking great! I admire your resolve - I wish I had half of it. (having consumed chocolate, ice cream and wine today and NOT gone for a walk ...let alone a run!) Ho hum.
I think I like 'Drinking Cream' best ... although 'Dark Side of the Seesaw ' has its charm too. Yes I agree it is much more fun thinking up titles than writing for them!

 
At 6:56 AM , Blogger Jan said...

Becky, Interesting blog. Just fell into it.
THankyou. Bet Florida pleasanter than grim gloomy UK!

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks to all of you!!!

Sandman, I think YOU should write that book. Go for it, dude.

Jan, New England right now is probably just like UK--grim and rainy.

CB, I COULD drink cream, ya know.
Mark, Halfass rules!!!love,b

 
At 2:51 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Aw man, I didn't know there's gonna be homework!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home