Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday








My son and his wife are a lot of fun. We laugh most of the time and now that they have Maeve, we have even more to be happy about. Here we are taking off for a nice Sunday walk in their neighborhood. Those motorcycle dudes in the background are checking me out (Har). They have no shot.








Maeve is pleased. She doesn't know where we are going.








Her mom and dad do, though.















Oh yes, dear reader, we headed for the one and only.








Oh.
My.
God.
The difference between the store in Hudson (where I shop) and Waltham is vast.
First of all, take a look at these cakes.
One is hateful, of course. THIS ONE.






The better one is HERE, naturally.
The Red Sox had a chance to sweep the hated Y-Y-Y-I can't quite say it, but you know which team I mean.











But meanwhile, inside the store, my mouth was hanging open at this display. Yikes. We don't have this in Hudson, folks.






Hey. I live in the sticks. At our Hannaford's, we only know olives. Not, like, "special" olives, okay? So maybe I should shut up. Maybe the new stuff is coming to our store.
I can only hope.

Let me just say this.



My buddy Elizabeth never had olives like this.

I think I feel humbled.





















See you next time, Maeve.
A bientot
love,
becky

5 Comments:

At 10:32 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

LOL -- the horror! She's too young!! Oh no, evil cupcakes!!

You don't have an olive bar at yours? We just got one when my store moved to the new building (though not as fancy as that one). My mom's store, much more in the sticks and much nicer than mine, has had it for years -- she thinks it's silly but I like it. I don't like that they "close" it before I get there some nights, especially since all they do is put a big plastic bag over the top, but I suppose that's what I get for shopping at night. Actually, I have some in fridge I think I'll get right now. I don't give Hannaford credit for the idea though -- I saw one in Shaw's years ago. Actually, they've probably had them in California for 40 years and they're just getting to us.

To illustrate how swank it can be, here's two things in my mom's Hannaford that aren't in mine: a coffee counter and sushi chef. Yes, a real guy rolling rice in seaweed, not just an assortment on plastic trays flown in from California like my store has. (It really is flown from CA, which I can't figure out.)

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I thought for a minute you said there was a real guy rolling in seaweed, sm. Wow, what a picture!!
It's all too much.
b

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Hmm, rolled in seaweed -- that might be suitable punishment for the cupcake decoration department!

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Great to see more photos of the adorable Maeve. (How do you pronounce the name? May-vee or Mayv? Just wondering - I love the name.)

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

It's pronounced like "cave," CB. You must be bushwhacked after the Big Wedding. Must zip over to your site and have a look.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home