Thursday, July 12, 2007

ye olde public swimming pool



About once a year, dear reader, when it gets BEASTLY HOT, little Becky makes her way over to the public swimming pool (in another town). It's a great humbling experience, not least for the fact that I have to appear in public in a bathing suit. Anonymity is best.
LOOK AT THE WHITE LEGS ON THAT LADY!!
GOD! DON'T GET TOO CLOSE!


This pool is in Park City, Kansas, and looks pretty nice. I don't like a pool that is too empty, though, because I feel more on display. I actually don't like what is called Adult Swim because all the kids clear out and stare sullenly at the feeble adults who go in then, my category being feeble adult.




Believe it or not, this is a public swimming pool in Sydney, Australia, according to Google. Yikes!! Far too luxurious for me and my peculiar swimming duds.
This one is in the UK, which as we all know, never has summer weather anyway, so that is why it is empty.
This one is in Manitoba, Canada, and aren't we just a little big smug as we notice, um, IT'S FREAKING INDOORS!!!!
Hope that chlorine fragrance isn't too pervasive, dude.
Trying to get some sun, folks. Tomorrow starts a full round of papers coming in, so I'm truly back in the saddle.
The summer saddle.
Not living the Complete Dream but with good weather and ..and...and
FRIDAY ZEST.
A bientot
love,
Becky
IMG_0591.jpg

2 Comments:

At 9:35 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Think of me freezing in 7 degrees celsius (dunno what that is F - but trust me it's cold.) And we have indoor swimming pools over here at the southern end of the southern island, as any outdoor ones tend to just collect mossy black sediment and leaves.
It's been a long time since I went swimming ... apart from a mad moment when I partook in an oceanic Polar Plunge frolic last June amidst freezing salt water waves.
Enjoy the ZEST!

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Gosh, CB, that sounds COLD. It never looks cold on your blog, though. Your pictures are so beautiful. Hope that insomnia is improving....

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home