Monday, January 28, 2008

A Super Week

Didn't a lot more people use to use that word? Especially when you would ask how they were doing.

SUPER!!!

How's your day going?

JUST SUPER!!!!!

Kinda made you want to puke, as I recall. See? The language really does change But anyway, it's Super Bowl time and I can't remember whhttp://tickets.stagefronttickets.com/PricedEventDetail.asp?EventID=en

I've been less excited. This is the venue, University of Phoenix stadium, home of the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. Why can't TideeBowl sponsor a dome or a bowl anyway and give us all pleasure? Or Preparation H? What's the matter with their marketing departments? And wow, that Ferris Wheel looks really festive, doesn't it? Talk about an afterthought. Bet the tickets are twenty bucks each.

I said, I PROMISED, that if the Red Sox won the World Series
Jonathan Papelbon and Jason Varitek savor the moment.



(pitchers and catchers report in 16 days) that I would not be greedy, and I'm a woman of my word. Don't get me wrong. I want the Pats to win. But I'm not wearing my lucky socks or doing any of the surefire things that would make that happen (like not talking about it and not jinxing it). There are a lot of layers here, dear reader.

Here's their quarterback.






Here's ours.

Any questions? Where do I buy stock in Stetson anyway?
Team owner Robert Kraft gets off the plane in the rain in Arizona.
This is our owner getting off the plane in Arizona. How would you like to sit next to him on the flight? I heard him once on the radio trying to compliment one of the DJs on their interview skills: "That's good discourse," he said.

THAT'S GOOD BASS! (who remembers that?)

Thanks to the Boston Globe for all pix (except Tommy Boy).
A bientot
love,
becky

1 Comments:

At 4:33 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Sport brings out different things in different people - thank God you still keep your sense of humour no matter the odds or the outcome. Hope Your team wins - Go the Pats!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home