Tuesday, February 05, 2008

All Right, So Snap Out of It!!!!

What do you think, a game is going to change your life?
Sniff.
Do you think this loss is as bad as say,
Game 6: Ray Knight (not pictured) scores the winning run as Bill Buckner and Bob Stanley watch Mookie Wilson's slow roller.
this one? That's the '86 World Series if you don't know and the guy running for the ball is the first baseman, BILL BUCKNER.
Well yeah, okay, I hear ya.
It's a pretty bad loss.
Patriots photos
Some people maybe didn't wear their lucky sweatshirt. Lucky GRAY sweatshirt.
But whatever. There's lots to be happy about. All those records set by Tommy Boy and Randy Moss. I don't think 18-0 is terribly shabby. Everyone is acting like they're the LA Clippers or something. It really is pretty shocking that everyone is saying the whole season now was worthless.
Come on.
THINGS FOR ME PERSONALLY TO BE HAPPY ABOUT
Holiday season a full eleven months away
Course load, volume of papers, significantly lower than fall semester
Title for nun book in place
T H E M A N U A L V I R G I N
Ta-dah!!!!
MORE THINGS FOR ME PERSONALLY TO BE HAPPY OR LESS SAD ABOUT
Celtics in first place (this is total hypocrisy--I don't care at all)
Not much snow on the ground
Car running okay
New glasses getting good comments
February will end in a few weeks
All right then, do we feel better
ABOUT YOUR GLASSES, BECKY? NO! WE DON'T GIVE A FK ABOUT YOUR GLASSES, OKAY?
Can we at least see reason and go forward in life even though it's drab and boring?
YEAH, WELL, WHAT CHOICE DO WE HAVE?
Stay warm, dear reader.
A bientot
love,
becky

4 Comments:

At 1:11 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I'm trying not to think about it as a way of remaining emotionally detached. The hard part is going to be next year when they start playing again, I suspect, when it'll have to be confronted. Like next Christmas, though, I choose not to think about it for now...

I'm not sure how to parse your new title. Is the spacing deliberate? And the ambiguity of 'manual'? Or am I just missing it? Though I do think a difficult-to-parse phrase can be an effective way to pull someone in.

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

The spacing in my post doesn't look right.
THE MANUAL VIRGIN
is right.

It's meant to be somewhat ambiguous (she teaches at Manual High School).
My agent may not like it, sm.
b

 
At 12:33 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Stick to your guns -- ambiguous is good!

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger Mark said...

I like the title, b. Sorry if you didn't intend it, but there's a hint of naughtiness in it I think.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home