Sunday, February 10, 2008

Daydream Believer

Yeesh, I STILL can't get that song out of my head.
This is worse than hiccups. Maybe I should eat sugar or drink backwards from a cup or hold my breath.
Home Remedies

That reminds me of an old friend who hailed from the woods of upstate New York. She had all kinds of home remedies and subjected her poor husband to all of them.
Fever?
Onions in your socks. NOW.
Headache?
A baby's wet diaper draped across your forehead.
YUCK.
Want to conceive a male child? Wear socks.
Actually, I can't remember whether this was for a boy or a girl, so don't try this at home.
In truth, dear reader, everything seems blah right now and dispiriting. That's because THIS is what you see out the window in these parts. I am going to make some plans for spring break so stay tuned.
You never know what I might do.
Blooper of the Weekend: "I sleep in a canape bed."
I love that kind of a bed (and sleep in one myself), but I hate climbing up on the top to balance those cheese puffs and chicken livers wrapped in bacon. Doesn't everyone?
It's a great life if you don't weaken, which my mother always said and I hold out hope for that as a book title (but not for the nuns).
A bientot
love,
becky

4 Comments:

At 3:41 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Goody - now the 'Mississipeeeee' song by The Pussycats that has been gyrating in my head all day has been replaced by 'Daydream Believer'. Thanks ever so much Becky (I think ...)
Canape bed - love it!

And don't worry, Spring is on its way - it told me ;)

 
At 6:48 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks for Spring, CB. I appreciate that. Thankfully, I don't know the Mississippi song. I still love your picture, btw.

b

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Mark said...

Yes, never mind crumbs in the bed - what about those chicken livers?

As for the socks, who is supposed to wear them, the man or the woman? It gets complicated, doesn't it. I've been led to believe that a man wearing socks in bed is a pretty big turn-off.

Here's one that I've actually seen work: stick a fork in the ground to ward off the rain. Not sure if it works for snow though!

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You crack me up, boy. And you're right. I do hate rolling over onto the chicken livers. It's very seldom worth it.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home