Monday, August 04, 2008

Lexus Road Rage

If you own a Lexus, you probably already know this, and you're probably already putting up with the excessive honking and bird-flipping that occurs whenever you pull out even a tiny bit further than the next car, or do something just the teensiest bit questionable. Yeah, yeah, I know. Define questionable.

I tried to explain to my girlfriend that the reason for this is simple. People hate Lexus owners. I admit it does seem a bit mean-spirited.
YOU'RE RICH AND I HATE YOU!
GET OFF THE ROAD AND DIE!!
IF I SEE YOU DO THAT AGAIN, I'LL KILL YOU!
These are some of the warm and fuzzy messages that people mouth and gesture to us when we drive along in my friend's car. I'm sure the same thing is true for the Mercedes and Hummer.
To me it's weird.
When a bad thing happens to us in the grocery, like a dumbass cutting in line or writing a check or any other thing that inconveniences and annoys the living shit out of us, we get irritated, sure. But we don't spin around in full Chuck Norris/Bruce Lee revenge mode:
EVERYBODY DOWN!! HEAR ME?
I SAID EVERYBODY DOWN! SOMEBODY'S GOING TO PAY FOR THIS CANTALOUPE WITH THEIR LIFE!
In the grocery, we're calmer. Something happens when we get behind the wheel. Are there any studies on male/female ratios on this? I've got to think the menfolk are doing it a bit more, some even that I know and love. Ahem.



Of course we ate at Betsy's Diner. The sign says "Eat Heavy" and they make you. We never argue.




Great Bargains at Christmas Tree Shoppe!
Don't think I didn't labor over the captions for this one, dear reader. And oh, I passed many a one by......




Here is the back door of oolala, one of our all-time fave shops in Falmouth, where they have the most fab--that's FAB--clip earrings. I always walk out with at least one pair.





I promised a Dairy Queen shot, but the man who took this was a bit brusque. I won't say unfriendly, but I didn't feel I could suggest another camera angle that would include the sign. Too timid for my own good, as always. Plus if he saw our Lexus, I was afraid of what he might do. Dairy Queen Rage is not something I want to deal with.


Anyway, it was a great vacation and here we are. Honda Accord, Volvo, and Lexus. At least I don't get yelled at.
Be Here Now.
love,
becky



3 Comments:

At 3:56 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

Now you've done it. I'm dying for an ice cream sundae...

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh, Kris, it was quite satisfying.

b

 
At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbara told me you paid our town a visit. It sounds like you had a great time. Now I'm trying to think back to remember whether I had road rage against anybody with a Lexus. I wouldn't want to think it was you. Ha! Ha!. I actually don't get road rage or supermarket rage or any rage. I'm very laid back. Though today's traffic with the Road Race being Sunday was a little trying. The race attracts over 10,000 runners and their families so town is crazy.
I'm glad you got to Oolala. I love that store. Now that I'm on WW I don't go to Betsy's anymore but I used to and love their Thursday special of chicken croquettes. And of course you have to go to the Christmas Tree shop. I already went once this week to buy a beach chair.

Well, I wouldn't know a Lexus from a VW. I'm not good with the makes of cars. But one thing I do know is dumbass drivers.I've seen my fair share this week.

Glad you enjoyed our wonderful town.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home