Thursday, December 11, 2008

Excitement Builds

Op�ra Bastille

I bought tickets to the Paris Opera Bastille and paid for them online. No sweat. The screen I used was mostly English. This morning I had an email from them that said among other things, "thank you for trusting us."

Huh?

I'm sure that was meant in all sincerity and I'm sure it's merely a form that they use, but my reaction was this: GULP.

"Bonjour. Thank you for trusting us because very few people do. They can be so unforgiving, yes? One petite divulgement of a few thousand cartes de credit and poof! The people, they are nervous and crazee. But ah that is life, is it not?!"



Okay then, if you have been given my credit card information, however inadvertently, by the Opera Bastille, please don't use it, okay? I trust you. Je t'aime. No wait. I won't go that far.

I am about to finish up Level Two of Rosetta Stone. It's a whole lot of sailboats and sailing, again not what we will probably be doing.
"Excusez-moi. Is that the pen of your aunt going by on that bateau? Perhaps you had better reach out and try to --- oh mon Dieu, I am so so desolee.
sailboat



And they do crack me up when they show pictures of bad weather, worse weather, and the worst weather. For "le pire," the worst, they show a twister. Now that WOULD be bad.
Especially on a sailboat, one would think.

Trying to finish up finals, grades, etc., but I'm a bit distracted.

A bientot

love,becky

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I'm out of town but am looking at wild ice pictures online -- I hope you're not frozen in place and sitting in the dark!

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That's exactly what I'm doing, sm, or it would be if I didn't have a generous friend.

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

uho oh, that's really me, posting on my friend's computer.

 
At 10:20 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I'm glad you have somewhere to go. I'm returning late tomorrow, and it's looking a little dicey as to whether there will be any power waiting for me... I guess I need to start mulling over my generous-friend options!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home