Sunday, April 04, 2010

Handbags In Genral

oem 09new fashion handbags manufactures I don't have the complete Love For Handbags gene in my DNA. My mother used to buy all my handbags. She called them purses. I never spent a dime on a purse or a handbag, even into my adult years. Every so often she would give me some great big vinyl monstrosity with add-on strap and I would carry it until she gave me another one. Or something weird that she got at the half of half price sale. Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't just accept any old thing.

Refashioned Bags: Upcycle Anything into High-Style Handbags by Faith and Justina Blakeney

I would have said no to this.


Sometimes they had faux brand names like SoEasy in chrome letters glued on. Mostly they didn't. I suppose they were hideous. And now I am offended to find out that I actually have to spend money on them. Don't wanna. Don't think I should have to.

Anyway, they make me anxious.

When you go into TJ Maxx, there are rows of them. Rows, I tell you!

They are decorated within an inch of their lives.

They have strange colors and tassels hanging from them like loafers.
louis-vuitton-handbags1
They come with designer names. I am sick of this Louis Vuitton look. My friend Dana had one of these 25 years ago, I think. Not that either of us are that old. But Dana is a chic handbag user and I have never been.

One of the well known categories is the Big Mofo Bag. All women know about this. You can get about anything in that sucker. Its alternate name is carry-on luggage.
new-coach-purse-style
People go nuts for Coach bags too. Not me. I think they are okay. But one of my mother's old vinyl ones would please me just as well.
Fashion Handbag
Here is a shape that is very popular these days. Although by the time I know it is popular, it is probably not fashionable.

This is what I would call a cutesy type. Some of them have all kinds of goo-goo gewgaws hanging from them and I don't like those. You're just asking for your bag to get caught on a picture hook at the gynecologist's or the saltwater aquarium at the tax accountant's and have everything spill out and possibly yourself and 86 fish sprawled and squirming on the floor. I don't need help doing that.
Elite Handbag: Valentino Patent Histoire Bag
This bag scares me. I don't feel worthy of it. I think you have to be Sophia Loren to carry it and even she would have to be having a good hair day.

This is exhausting. This is why I always walk out of TJM without a bag. I'll keep on with my plain old tschotschkes. Anyway, happy Easter, dear reader. I learned a new thing yesterday. If you wait until 4pm the day before Easter, you may not be able to get a chocolate rabbit.

A bientot
love,
becky

2 Comments:

At 9:00 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

My sentiments exactly. I wish my mother bought me handbags - it'd be a nice change from woollen scarves, mittens, socks and hats ...

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

They were pretty ugly, Kay. But I got used to having them and now I can't bring myself to buy one, or at least not an expensive one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home