Thursday, May 27, 2010

Did you guess Arkansas?





Of course you did, dear reader. Home of Lake Ouachita (pronounced Wash-i-taw), an enormous lake, 900 miles of shoreline with no development on it. It's amazing and amazingly beautiful, surrounded by Ouachita National Forest and one of the cleanest lakes in the country. All these little inlets and private nooks are everywhere with hardly any other boaters.



The only thing I don't like is finding a tree to hide behind for bathroom activities. The thought of a snake biting me was enough to keep me in the boat. Actually, the thought of just seeing a snake kept me there.






Here is the captain, first mate and first dog.









Zoe the Wonder Dog, Queen of all she sees.















Remember this guy?
He used to live in my mother's back yard. St. Francis of Assisi, who used to torment this little creature....







Miss Muffet, if you can see her over to the right. They have been joined by a cherub, kind of a fat little dude who keeps them from too much mischief.


F of A:YOU'RE STILL VERY IMMODEST , MISS M.

MM: NO, I'M NOT. YOU'RE JUST A BIG BUTTINSKY WITH UNFORTUNATE TENDENCIES.

Cherub: SHUT UP, BOTH OF YOU. THERE'S PLENTY OF ROCKS HERE IN THIS YARD. DON'T THINK I WON'T USE THEM.

It gets kind of loud out there in my dad's new back yard, what with all the statuary screaming at each other, but whatever. Dad enjoys his post on the patio.




I made two key lime pies for him this time. I don't think I can keep up that pace.





View of Lake Hamilton from my brother's back deck. You feel like you are on the Meditteranean, except the water temperature is much warmer. Also there are fewer sightings of Paris Hilton. I don't like to swim. I don't like to get water in my ears. Yuck. I don't like to get my hair wet. Equal yuck. If I fell out of a boat now, I would probably sink in under five minutes. There's a cheerful thought.





One true cheerful thought is how good my brother is on the gee-tar. He is into Blood, Sweat, and Tears right now and it sounds great.








Family members








I am once again Living the Dream, dear reader.

And loving it.
A bientot
love,
becky

Are you reading? I'm writing to you. I think about you all the time, baby.

4 Comments:

At 10:57 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Man, nice digs your brother's got -- I'm jealous. The first lake pictures remind me of a much smaller lake I rowed on in childhood.

The unexplained extra shadow in the foreground of that one picture makes it look like St. F of A is floating two feet above the ground!

 
At 4:01 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Hmmm, I don't know what that shadow is, sm. Holy Spirit? Hah, I doubt it. He looks really strange out there in that abbreviated back yard, to my eye anyway.

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger Eileen said...

Wouldn't Zoe (the Wonder Dog) enjoy living with a very dog-friendly cat named Harry Daniel? I know Harry would love to go to Arkansas, even if he can't pronounce it. Heck, he's probably bigger than Zoe! (Hey, I had to try, didn't I?)

 
At 6:52 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Bring HD along! He'll love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home