Sunday, June 27, 2010

Shocking


Imagine yourself at 7am, dear reader, enjoying a delicious container of chocolate raspberry-flavored "whipped" yogurt.
You become aware that there is a big metal object in your mouth.
What?
What the----?
In my case, I immediately think it is a tooth or a crown or some huge expensive dental partial that has come loose. But no. There it is over in the corner. See it? It looks something like the top to a salt shaker, but smaller.
There it is. I'm not a good photographer, but there it is.
I have written a letter.
That's all I will say. I am not a litigious sort of gal, but I don't think it's right to put metal gizmos in your yogurt.
IN OTHER NEWS:
I have to lose two pounds. It's most tedious. They have been on me since Arkansas. I can't get under them. And July is going to be one gala calorie fest, so I need to do it now.
Old coupon pals Dick and Dana at a recent reunion. Dick was my boss and the wise purveyor of wisdom in so many areas.
"They cool off fast" (hot sales prospects)
"Meeting the deadline is like trying to get a herd of cows through a doorway."
"If you wait long enough, all problems will go away."
I know this last one sounds potentially irresponsible, dear reader, but he didn't mean it that way. And it is true. And if you wait really long enough, we'll all be dead anyway.
Dana had sayings of her own, such as "doing a Jesus." That's when you are sitting at McDonald's having coffee and you remember something or someone very important that you forgot to get into the mailing. "JESUS!" I think she may be still doing them in her present job.
Me, I am living the dream for now. All thoughts of bloopers are far away.
A bientot
love,
becky
Okay, so on that note I am off to a family jaunt.

10 Comments:

At 11:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! Go on TV - Call up Hank.

People need to know.

What a riot - glad u are OK.

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I think Hank is busier with other things, anon. But thanks. I'm fine.

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger Eileen said...

Geez Louise, two pounds?!? You only weigh about 90 lbs as it is ... or at least you did back in May when I saw you. I almost feel guilty for sending you home with all those baked goods, but 2 pounds?!? Puh-leeze! I gain that much just by popping a coupla aspirin! Good thing you did not swallow that metal thingy in the yoghurt or you have had half a pound added right there!


I'm only kidding. Really. Not about my gaining weight from the aspirin, but the rest of it.

Now I'm hungry, dammit. Will go make a salad and hope for the best.

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Eileen, thanks.

I used to be a tremendous yoyo with weight, up and down to a faretheewell. I guess that's why I take it so minutely seriously. Can't help it. Hope things are good with you.

 
At 12:28 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Footnote on Yoplait labels after Becky's lawsuit:
MAY CONTAIN UP TO 40,000% DAILY VALUE OF ZINC. AND PEANUTS.

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

HAR, sm.

I'm still waiting to hear from my letter. I'll keep everybody posted.

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger Kristina said...

re: yogurt. I don't say this lightly: WTF??!!!!!

I cracked up out loud at "doing a Jesus."

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Kris. Yeah, that was my reaction to the Yogurt Incident.

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

As startling as such a menacing chunk of machinery would be inside one's breakfast, at least it's not gross. It's shiny and clean and possibly was even sterile. Apart from thoroughly stirring future yogurts, I'm not put off them by this. If, on the other hand, it'd been some part that'd fallen off, or been chopped off, some member of the animal kingdom, I might have to stop eating altogether for a while...

(PS Photography tip: use the macro mode for close-ups of objects like that. On my Canon it's an icon that looks like a tulip with "MF" next to it. Just remember to turn the mode off again later.)

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Ah yes, I see that point, sm. Even so, the piece conjured up fears of lead poisoning, arsenic poisoning (oh no! that thimble full of arsenic just fell into the chocolate raspberry vat! We'll have to let it go!) for me.
Macro mode, macro mode, macro mode. I will try to remember.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home