Wednesday, June 07, 2006

home again

As of tomorrow, I am in official hibernation while I finish Victory. I found an opportunity to discuss it--people dropped dead of boredom while I did it--and may have found at least a strategy.

I will inch ahead, if only slightly, each day. I will add to the end a little bit every time I write. But mostly I will work my way from the beginning. I have to add in bits about the old man. When he walks out of the nursing home, does he bring his meds with him? Stuff like that. My professor character has changed vastly since I thought her up, so now I have to go back and make her in the image of the new character. Get me? I'm revising mainly, doing the second draft while I push the first one to its conclusion. I'm so hesitant about the conclusion and that's not like me. I usually bull my way without fear.

I am deliriously happy to be home.

Everything I wrote about the airlines is still true.

your friend,
b

6 Comments:

At 2:46 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I will be thinking of you writing. I am on the brink of getting the ideas I have got in my mind down into something resembling straight lines that travel from the top of the page to the bottom - it's like starting again . Each time.
Welcome home! :)

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks, Chief.

I'll send good thoughts your way for your writing too.

b

 
At 11:09 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

How's your search for a new title coming -- still looking for input?

 
At 7:17 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

yes, sandman, always looking for input. Have you got a title for me?

b

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I put some in an earlier comment but I wasn't sure if you'd seen them -- these were them:

Here are some ideas for a new Victory title (a little tough without knowing more about the book): Cheer Up on Aisle Five (it is cheering? Fess Up on Aisle Five instead?); Everyday Special (a bit ho hum I think now); Tabloids and Breathmints (my favorite of these); and Demoulas (ha ha)


I'll be happy think about it some more if any of those seem on the right track...

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Hmm, no good? (Or too creepy?)

I'm leaving tomorrow for a vacation in France -- I'll be on the lookout for chances to mention my aunt's feather (pen?)...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home