Thursday, August 17, 2006

getting into late summer

It's still summer, but all of a sudden the schedule fills up. Events and appointments encroach and the days don't spread in front of one unendingly. Each one is a jewel to appreciate.

GOD, SHUT UP!!!

WHY ARE YOU SUCH A POLLYANNA?

I dunno, always have been.

ONE DAY IS THE SAME AS THE NEXT, YOU DODO.

That's not true.

Although I must change my tune here because one thing I used to tell my mother was to keep her problems to herself. When asked how she was doing, Mom used to say, "not too good." I counseled her to say "fine" instead. "Nobody wants to hear about your problems, Mom. No offense." I was right then and I'm right now.

So people get annoyed whether you are always depressed or always optimistic. We all want variety, I guess.

HOW ARE YOU?

TRY AND GUESS.

Maybe that would be better.

For a Virgo like me this has been a frustrating week. The endodontist was not able to get into the canal of my tooth and so now the procedure has to be done surgically. Isn't that nice of me to share? YAAAAY!! Plus the plumber came here today and could not determine the cause of water pressure problem. Now a "well guy" has to come, a phrase that makes me smile. Better than a "sick guy," I guess.

Don't hit me.

So instead of completing the tasks on my list, the list keeps growing. Virgos don't like that. We like to make the list and follow through on each item. I like to make a little progress each day--that's the way I write. Lately I am stymied, though. I wouldn't call it writer's block, but I don't know which direction I'm taking next.

Time for a little solitaire.

A bientot
becky

1 Comments:

At 3:37 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

You sound a tad grumpy ... wish I could shout you a shot or two of your fav poison and we could have a few laughs together over a pizza (or whatever) - you'd be telling most of the jokes tho'. You're funnier than I am!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home