Friday, September 01, 2006

JOY

Every human has to feel joy now and then or we shrivel up and die, don't we?

Well, I feel it today and that's why I'm posting out of order. Normally, I only come on here every other day, but here I am on the wrong day!!!

My agent likes my book. WHEW. I didn't know. One never can. She might easily have said EW. Or something like that. But she didn't. She likes it. In fact, she said she's "enamored" of it. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOEY.

Lots of work still to be done on it (Victory), but for today I feel joyful. And you know something? I haven't felt that way for a while.

The title has to be changed. But I'm determined to leave the word Victory in it. How about FRIED GREEN TOMATOES VICTORY? Or GONE WITH THE WIND VICTORY? Or IN COLD BLOOD VICTORY? Uh, no on that one.

I know I have struggled with this issue already, but this time I will solve it.

Ze perfect title, monsieur et madame. MADAME BOVARY GRASPS VICTORY. Hmmm, perhaps not.

Okay, so happy Labor Day Weekend, everybody. I have mowed my lawn and prepared for Family Event. I am so ready to make potato salad.

A little bit of joy to all of you,
love,
becky

7 Comments:

At 8:18 PM , Blogger Robin L. said...

Congratulations!!!! And good luck coming up with a title! I hate coming up with titles. I like to think I'm good with "lots" of words, so naturally I'm not good when I need just a few. ;)

 
At 8:18 PM , Blogger Robin L. said...

Congratulations!!!! And good luck coming up with a title! I hate coming up with titles. I like to think I'm good with "lots" of words, so naturally I'm not good when I need just a few. ;)

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Good for you -- it's great to get feedback like that from a place where it really counts.

How about Victory Ain't No Hannaford!
Ha ha... :-)

P.S. I got a 60 page Macy's, I dunno, fashion book I guess you'd call it, in the mail today. Not glossy, but matte finish on heavy stock. In a snooty wide-format size too.

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Oh, I didn't mean to imply Hannaford is better than Victory when I flipped the order, BTW. Going for more like a "Lexus ain't no Chevy" meaning.

It occurs to me that many supermarket names (Victory included) just don't strike you as such when you first hear them, and that's a problem when using them in a title.

I suspect it'd be unlikely for me to stumble on a suitable title without reading your book first, but I'll send what I think might be interesting ideas anyway, in the hope that maybe they'll help inspire the real title. Plus, it's fun!

To wit:
To the Victory go the Spoiled
Grocery Girls (or Groupies or Gang)
Grocery Gambits (or Gripes or Gabbing)

 
At 4:20 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thank you, Robin l. I appreciate that!! And sandman, you are a smokin' title spewer!!!!!

I do hate Hannaford's....

b

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger Mark said...

Congratulations, becky! Looking forward to more musings over the title. I don't suppose your agent had any suggestions?

 
At 2:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is pretty well!

http://shortlink.it/s/7eXVHJ
arizona car insurance online quote

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home