Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Revisions

I felt so hesitant to start revising. I didn't want to put my dirty little mitts on it somehow. But then I did and now I feel okay.

First I divided the opening section into two sections so I can have a little suspense at the end of the first one. Might as well have my shoplifting girl almost get caught right off the bat, right? My agent says we have to really get these first 50 pages killer and that's my goal.

She says my professor character is very strange in the beginning and that is true. I think I was trying to fill her with so much conflict that I made her plain old weird. So I'm going back in and making her a bit more understandable, I hope. Also giving her some dialogue with her department chair so reader might have some understanding why she likes him. I thought of a good surprise for that part.

Agent likes the old lady character as is. Yes!!!! Me likey!!!!

I've only just begun and I have work to do on the ending as well, but my time is limited because of class. Today was the first day and I must say I enjoyed it, though my legs are tired from standing. I keep doing things I swore not to do.

Let's admit it. I needed to get out of the house. I've been a total sad sack recluse the month of August. I'm done with that. Plain old working, going out every day to a job, is stimulating and I always enjoy give and take with the students. They are so cute on the first day.

Tomorrow I plan to work on revisions all afternoon, that is after I have my walk.

I have gotten tremendously good feedback and advice on my book from all my readers and I thank them from my heart. I'm getting even more of it now from one of them.

New potential titles: SOMEWHERE NEAR VICTORY
SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO VICTORY

La plume de ma tante is ready to write,
becky

5 Comments:

At 11:36 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I think you could even shorten to Near Victory, or reverse that to Victory is Near.

Or if you like the TV show Family Guy, Victory is Mine! :-)

 
At 5:53 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Agent feels the short version is too much like a war story, though. I appreciate your help, sandman1. It will be the death of me.

b

 
At 1:58 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Finding a title will be, or my help will be? ;-)

I like your Macadamia Nuts idea.

 
At 7:19 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Finding the title.

You are my friend.

b

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Aw, shucks... < blush >

I'm out working in CA right now, so the timestamps on these match my time zone for a change! It's beyond summery here -- was in the 100s last week...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home