Monday, January 01, 2007

Goals for the New Year





I want to write well.

I want to be my old self.

I want to read a lot, the way I used to. I love all the Bloomsbury writers and artists and I might be in the mood for one of those thick biographies. Or Mary Cassatt, there must be a definitive one of her, or maybe Lillian Hellman. I'm interested in her life and the choices she made. I would like to know how she felt, with Dashiell Hammett and without.

I want to be more like my daughter, who reads nothing but classics. She says when you pick up one of those, you're guaranteed something good. She is well educated but always learning.

I need a new book of puzzles and I will get one.

As always, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my friends and family, who hold me up through all the hurdles and cuckoo escapades and still laugh at my jokes.

Last year my goal was to lose weight and I did. I met that goal and then some. I finished the book I was writing also, Victory as I called it (fate unknown but stay tuned). I launched Coupon Girl and had a blast. I met new people and liked them.

But now I want to be what I was before. I want to be happy and have a twinkle in my eye.

I choose this for myself.


b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home