Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Surprises


This boy has found a Christmas surprise in his parents' bureau: his father is Santa. I suppose we should be relieved that's the only surprise he found in there. Get back in your room, kid, and be grateful you're still in a Norman Rockwell painting.

Meanwhile, I've been surprised myself by being tagged for another blog meme. I'm it!!!

My good friend Martha O'Connor , who got tagged herself to fill in the 25 statements below(though somehow there are only 24), has passed the baton to moi. I told her if I answered them all honestly, I would have to leave town. She said go for it.


1. I've come to realize that my ex......knew a lot about avocadoes.

2. I am listening to.....rain on my new roof.

3. I talk....until they beg for mercy.

4. I love.....quiet.

5. My best friends...give me good advice which I don't always follow but I should.

6. I lost ..... enough pounds this year to almost get to High School Weight. It's coming!!!

7. I hate it when people...assume I have a cell phone. I don't. I don't want one. But no one will remember.

8. Love is....feeling like the back of your head might blow off from joy. John Steinbeck calls it "the glory."

9. Marriage is.....different for men and women. Men need marriage. They don't do well alone. Not that women don't thrive in marriage too, but they know how to survive by themselves. I think in the end they are made of sterner stuff.

10. Somewhere, someone is thinking.......nothing about me whatsoever.

11. I'll always be.....true to my school --HAH! Just wanted to see if you were still reading. No, "hoping" is my answer.

12. I have a crush on.....Dick Cheney (HAR, just checking again) Bill Paxton on Big Love. Except I wouldn't want to share him with those other wives. They are sluts but I am not.

13. The last time I cried was because....I banged my head on the car door. That sounds plausible, doesn't it? Some things I just can't answer.

14. My cell phone....[See? This is what I'm talking about.]

15. When I wake up in the morning.....I get immediately on the computer.

16. Before I go to sleep at night.....I do a puzzle.

17. Right now I am thinking about.....how much I can get written on my book before Jan. 16. Also I'm thinking about my refrigerator and how there was a big spill in it last night which I left to contemplate itself.

18. Babies are.....the ones who will be writing about all of us in another few decades. We'll be the old people in their books.

19. Today I.....will appreciate the blessings of my life. Or I'll try to if nothing has been broken.

20. I get on myspace and.....leave immediately. It's too hard to figure out.

21. Tonight I will.....collapse.

22. Tomorrow I will......continue the collapsement.

23. I really want.....the back of my head to blow off.

24. The person most likely to repost this is.....
Eliza Graham,
who is eight times wittier and classier than I am. She's a Brit. She can't help it.

Anyway, the happiest of holidays from CFE to you, dear reader. I hope you find joy on this day and all days.

love,
Becky

3 Comments:

At 11:49 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Okay, I thought you didn't have cable or a DVD player, so how are you watching Big Love, from HBO??

I don't have a cell phone either, though I grudgingly admit the number of times this is an inconvenience is steadily increasing... Still, the price bugs me and the multiplicity of options paralyzes me.

Hope your cheesecake killed -

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Hey sm1, I watched Big Love at a friend's house, twelve episodes in two days. We were mesmerized.

The cheesecake did kill, thanks.

b

 
At 12:41 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Ahh, that explains it. I never got around to giving that show a try, so if I do watch it I might do the same sort of marathon. Could be a good January procrastination-day activity. Rome is another HBO series I've meant to go back and watch. The Wire is spectacular, my favorite show. I rewatched the previous seasons before this season started, eschewing newer shows as I was drawn in again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home