Wednesday, January 03, 2007

On Your Mark









I can't believe I'm here at the track in January!!! Yaaaay!!! In truth I should be home facing my tasks. New syllabus, new book, new life in the new year. But the 600 pound gorilla remains. And what is that?






AAAARGH!! Christmas cleanup! Yes, that's right, my house looks totally like Christmas Eve. Santa could come down that chimney any time.

Ew. I forgot to look, but I think there is a dead poinsettia in that fireplace. It's supposed to be red and there is no sign of it here.

I don't want to be rash, of course. Maybe today will be Candle Day. I will collect any holiday candle items that I see anywhere in the house and deliver them to the table in the den. Yeah!!! I think I can manage that! By Fourth of July I should be ready to haul the tree upstairs, speaking of which, it sustained some fiberoptic damage on its way down this year and I fear for its little blinking heart on the way back up.

Toughen up, baby!!!

I need to toughen up, too. Yesterday I woke up to a numb ear. Seriously, my ear is blocked up. I bought eardrops at the drugstore and walked around all day dealing with various situations with my head tilted dangerously to the side (the few brains I have left I think are leaking out). See?





It makes you see the world differently and maybe I need to.




Anyway, I'm meeting a writer friend today and I'm very excited about it, although sometimes we can be somewhat morose.

GOD, I SUCK.

OH, I SUCK TOO. NOBODY LIKES ME.

YEAH? WELL, MY PICTURE IS UP IN HANNAFORD'S SAYING NOBODY LIKES ME.

OH, SHUT UP.

A bientot

love,
Becky


counter free hit unique web

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home