Wednesday, May 23, 2007

How I Ruined My Hair




You don't think I'm actually going to show you, do you?


It all started last week in Arkansas when Clarissa, my parents' helper, "made me over." It looked pretty good. I liked it. It was a little greasy, though, just between us, dear reader. But whatever.


My regular hairdresser was actually unable to replicate this look. Not enough gooey stuff, the way I saw it. So today I went out and bought multiple slimy hair products, not to mention a small flat iron (I already have a big one) like the one Clarissa used, and an actual curling iron, which I threw in for good measure.


One of the directions listed (I don't usually read these of course) says NEVER USE THIS PRODUCT WHILE ASLEEP.

Frankly, I wish I had the mental capability to be able to do that. I wonder who does. It would be great if I could accomplish household tasks while I slept. Sort of like some of those childbirth amnesiac drugs that make you forget everything that happens.




Or mabe just smoking a big doobie. Is that what they call it these days? I'm not in the classroom right now, so I can't ask anyone.



I wasn't really going for this look.





Or this one either.
I think I've already had this style, haha.
In other news, the new book is coming along. The fat guy character is getting all the funny lines, wouldn't you know. And my character Mrs. Greer (from the abandoned old lady book) is appearing now in this new one. That's the fun part about being God, you can move 'em around any way you want.
Hope your week is going well, dear reader. Oh yeah, so how does my hair look? It's frizzy AND slimy, the best of both worlds! Yeah! And a non-dairy whipped topping too.
Maybe I should have put that in there.
Living the Dream,
love,
Becky

5 Comments:

At 12:15 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Oh dear -- well, you could start wearing a BoSox cap all the time, you know, in honor of them leading the majors and all.

 
At 6:44 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Oh, I'd be proud to do that, SM. Isn't it great? Too bad it's only May.

b

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I have to report with some hesitance that I'm not the fan I used to be of the Sox -- they broke my heart one too many times with the leading-in-June-blowing-it-in-September routine. After one fall I declared I couldn't take it any more, and had to take a year off for my mental health. That fall was 2003, and of course they then won it all in 2004. I did watch the playoffs and the World Series, and even went to the parade, but it didn't really make up for it. It would have meant more if I'd followed them all the way. Some years I watched every game and knew all the players well. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Since then I haven't gotten back into the habit. I don't mind not sinking the time into watching the games, but I am often woefully unaware, mostly find out what's going on from my mother, who never gave up on them.

Case in point, she recently told me about one of the highlights of this season so far -- did you see Remy doing air guitar? I do miss "hanging out" with those guys during broadcasts -- they have fun. I found the video online (it is pretty funny):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_YqA8JKjf7Y

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

What a riot, SM. I don't see every game either. Hardly any, actually--I read about them the next day.

b

 
At 6:16 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I can't wait to see a pic of your hair - it sounds spunky!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home