Friday, May 04, 2007

OUT OF FAVOR


This is Hansel. He is a babe. You can trust me on that. Back in the day, Hansel could turn the cable TV on and off with impunity. He alarmed me, an occasional visitor, because of his size. I learned to love him, though. But recently, he was displaced. Shut out. He's still loved but he is, shall we say, not valued in the same way as before. What caused this tragedy?














Yes, here she is. Little Maeve (she loves to chew on these tapes; don't ask me why. Tape Girl.).

In the early days when Maeve came home, Hansel would look over his shoulder at Loren, his mummy too, as if to say "You used to like me best." Heartrending.

Loren reports that Maeve LOVES Hansel, adores him. When he walks by, she goes crazy. Sadly, Hansel hates her. He can't wait to get away. Maeve doesn't know.

These are some of the sad realities of life, it seems to me. People want us to go away and we don't even realize it. We stand there talking like an idiot. But how does Hansel feel? His life is greatly diminished in some ways.

But you know what? The last time I saw him, he was starting to get over it. He approached all of us adults with a new heart. Love me anyway. I'm still a babe.

And we do, dear reader.

I like learning life lessons from a cat. It's so open-minded.

Going to Arkansas next week where I may learn a few more.

A bientot
love,
becky

6 Comments:

At 1:02 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I am, chronically, just such an idiot. But even when I do realize it, sometimes I just keep going because it's still better than walking away.

I like wise cats.

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

How true, sm.

b

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Martha O'Connor said...

The warrior goddess strikes again!

And she looks so innocent, too... :D

 
At 3:57 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

That cat is exactly like our Grommy - who is big too - a hefty one. But he doesn't know how lucky he is not to be displaced by a cuter number! ;)
Have fun in Arkansas. (I always want to pronounce it Arinsaz rather than Arkinsaw.)

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

CB, you'd be surprised how many people mispronounce Arkansas. I'm sure I'd have plenty of problems with some of the NZ towns. How do you say Dunedin?
Martha, the goddess is always ready to strike!!
SM, I didn't mean that you were an idiot, by the way. I just read what I wrote and went, WHat?
I'm not in control lately.
b

 
At 1:38 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Oh, no worries, I didn't think you did (even though I am). I just thought you were agreeing that keeping going was sometimes better...

Have fun in Texarkana -- I can't begin to imagine what stories might result this time. Haven't gotten over the rat yet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home