Friday, April 27, 2007

Pissing and Moaning

Okay, let's start with last week.

I had to park far from campus in a residential neighborhood. Don't ask. I pulled into a cross street and right up behind, I emphasize RIGHT up behind, another car. This was to keep my back end from sticking out onto the main thoroughfare. Got me? Remember, I pulled very close.





So I came back to my car about four hours later. It was by itself, the car in front was gone, and I got in. Then I saw the folded paper under my windshield. Oh shit, I thought, the owner of this house is going to lay me out about parking here. Wrong!!!
DUMBASS!! That's how the note started (I consider it to have been masculine handwriting. Sue me.) THANKS FOR DENTING MY CAR. YOU'RE JUST LUCKY I'M IN A GOOD MOOD AND DON'T FEEL LIKE GOING THROUGH THE INSURANCE HASSLE. WHY DON'T YOU LEARN HOW TO PARK?
Those weren't the exact words, but close. As God is my witness, I DID NOT HIT THAT CAR!!! Pissed me off, though. Now I'm waiting every day for that person to locate MY car and do something to it. You never know.

Okay, that was last week. Today this happened.



I wore this brand new linen skirt, kind of long and swirly, I love how it looks and feels.




Oh, you know this can't end well, right?

I'm standing in front my class, specifically in front of this kid, awfully nice but a bit disorganized, who against the rules is hefting around a 16-oz strawberry Coolatta. Yep, he dropped it, it bounced and splattered all over my shoes, my legs, the skirt, myhands, everything. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR





But on the good side, dear reader, I realized something I have needed to know. You have to write the book in your heart. And the book in my heart right now is not the old lady book. That was a book full of plot, full of jokes, full of something I don't have right now.
The book in my heart is the nun book. And that is the one I am going to write. I may call it BUCK UP.
A bientot
love,becky

5 Comments:

At 11:27 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I can appreciate the frustration re parking the car - what a bastard. Some people go round looking for something to invent in order to vent all their agro.
The new book sounds right. I have a good feeling about it! (Maybe the old lady will also turn up in this book.) The working title is a good one too.

 
At 12:41 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Being a car nut, I understand the paranoia about other people parking near my car, but that note goes too far. It's so maddening to get a hit-and-run insult you don't get to respond to.

My guess is that there probably wasn't any dent. First of all, plastic bumpers don't really dent much unless you wallop them (they scratch, but nobody confuses the words 'dent' and 'scratch'). I'm guessing the note was for one of two reasons: a) he bumped you trying to get out and blames you for it (or pre-emptively blamed you for any damage he caused that you might find on your car), or more likely b) he made it up to discourage you from parking close the next time.

I wouldn't worry about retalation -- if he was going to do it, he'd have done it right then, and if he's that much of a car nut to fret that much over someone parking close then he'd never touch your car on purpose anyway.

At least with Coolatta-boy you got to respond -- new skirt or D minus buddy, your pick!

Is it coincidence that these tests of your patience and faith in humanity made you realize you want to write about the nuns? And will there be a "Sister Mary Hussy" in the book??

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Thanks for the support, you guys. CB,you guessed it. The old lady may very well turn up in this book. And SM, Sister Mary Hussy may happen too, in a way.

b

 
At 7:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soon, when school is out, there will be no more bad weeks. Cheer up. Friday Zest is about to stage a summerlong assault.

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You are so right, jj. I will be Living the Dream.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home