Monday, March 10, 2008

Mr. Bell! NO! I Didn't Mean it!

Put that receiver down, Mr. Bell! Okay, I'll call you Alexander if you want me to. Or Alex? No no no, I didn't mean that. Is AG better? Okay okay. I agree. It's much more modern. And certainly you look like you've lost weight. Being dead that long probably helped.

JUST GET MY DIAL TONE BACK ON, OKAY?

You think well, I have a cell phone so what real difference will the absence of a land line make?

Plenty.

I can't get online. You can't see me, but I am hiding in the closet at Hannaford's, using the produce manager's laptop. It's degrading. You know?

Why should I have to hide?

I had a far different post planned. It was going to be on the best SNL skit of all time, Lord and Lady Douchebag. I had a picture of it too, but Google will not let me drag pictures today. I call that piling on, but never mind.

It's rare that any joke gets more than one laugh and the DB skit may be the only time I ever saw one keep getting a huge response variation after variation. Really, every time it was uttered, the place fell apart.

"Where the devil are those Douchebags?"

"Tell me, Douchebag, how are things with you?"

"Yes, Parliament has always had plenty of Douchebags and always will."

I can't remember them all, but I know I never laughed so hard.

I'm trying to remember times that I laughed and enjoyed myself.

BECAUSE I AM SO FRUSTRATED.


Meanwhile, this is Hansel, trying to pick a reading selection from Maeve's collection. Soon I will have a pic of Maeve showing affection to Hansel. I'll just tell you this. She uses her whole body weight doing it.


A bientot
love,
blanche

4 Comments:

At 2:30 PM , Blogger Mark said...

Fingers crossed they get it sorted soon, b. Very kind of the produce manager to let you use his computer though...

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Yeah, he's making me keep all the broccoli sprayed, so he's getting a good deal.

Thanks, Mark.
b

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I think mooching Internet access is the right strategy. For your next computer, consider a laptop with wireless networking. Then you can just go access the web from Starbucks when home is down. Or sit in your car outside your neighbor's house, if you prefer to brew your own joe...

Heck, if your neighbors are close, you might even reach them from your house. In my apartment building I can see seven other networks right now -- most are locked, but not all! In the past I've used this when my own network was down (shh!).

PS I think this is a first: the "word verification" I have to type looks like a word! "whogift" it says. Whogift indeed, I wonder.

 
At 7:15 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You are fiendishly clever, sm. Thanks for the dirt.
I'm getting "gigoo" or something like that. Baby talk at this hour is not my thing.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home