Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Arrival of the Cats

No pix today (keep reading).  But summer vacation is launched  for Hanse and Gretel, my son's two elderly felines who are visiting Grannikins for the week.  It's a litte like working in a nursing home.  Pretty much all they do is sleep , though they get somewhat frisky at least twice a day..  Most of the time they are very laid back despite a few arguments like any married couple.  Feeding time is their opportunity to show me how disappointed they are with what I'm giving them. They each have a way of walking past the food dish and lifting their head in disgust.  WHAT A PEASANT. WHAT A CHEAPSKATE.  I used to be more liberal and generous with them, opening delicious cans of wet cat food for their pleasure, but I learned not to be.

Why?

Gretel ate an entire can of food the first time and went into the living room and puked it up.

That will take care of generous impulses every time.

It gets down to some pretty basic questions when you care for animals.

Do you prefer puke or shit?

Hopefully, you won't have to choose and also hopefully they recognize and accept their fate as litter box users.  

Enough of that. More computer problems, yaay!!! Once again I rely on the Blanche Dubois strategy--using the kindness of strangers to get by.  Well,  that's not true.  They are my very good friends and don't seem to mind me ducking in here at all hours of the day and night to check emai and blog.

Water problems also from my pump/well system which is run by the same gerbils in the same wheel that run everything else here.  But I am Living the Dream, dear reader.  
And isn't that all that matters?
A bientot
love,
becky

1 Comments:

At 3:55 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Oooh goody - cat stories! With the unique Becky-take. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home