Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Now That's What I Call a WIN!!!

CELTICS, BABY!

GREEN!!!

OH YEAH!!!

Celtics win NBA title!
Photo from awesome coverage in the Boston Globe.
Observations:
1) Doc Rivers is one polite guy. When Pierce doused him with the red Gatorade, he didn't flinch. Pierce must have apologized to him because I heard Doc say "I don't mind at all."
2) Phil Jackson's pre-game pep talk had at last one person in the locker room openly yawning. This is not a good sign for your team.
3) Paul Pierce's emotional remarks to --who is that woman, the reporter-- at halftime. "We want it bad," he said. And they did. Doc wouldn't even let himself touch the trophy until it was his. I saw him touch it for the first time and it must have been so satisfying.
4) Kobe is a great player, but you can't do it all yourself. Dan Shaughnessy says in today's Globe that the Lakers have "too many Europeans." I guess he means they don't have the passion? The love? I remember a few years ago when Michael Jordan won the trophy and he was writhing around on the floor of the locker room, kissing it. He said he was going to keep playing while he still felt this way. "My love is strong," he said.
5) Ray Allen finally did a chest thump. It was so nice that no one guarded him during the game, allowing him to hit all those treys. Thanks, Lakes.
6) Wonder why Larry Bird didn't show up. In general, the quality of our celebrity audience members is more on the B list....
7) Bill Belichick doesn't look right with that blonde woman. They look like they got seated together by accident.
That's all I can think of right now.
love,
becky

8 Comments:

At 1:35 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

That's the fact, Jack!

I was actually going to give in and start paying attention to this sport again with all the excitement, and even recorded the Sunday game while I was out. But I hadn't gotten around to watching it before learning of the result, and then I didn't dare watch the next game lest I jinx them... I would have felt terrible if they lost it after I started watching! So next year if they ever need a big blowout I can offer to nap through the game again!

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I totally understood your entire comment, sm. That makes us both a bit neurotic, no?

b

 
At 3:25 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

Oh, was there a basketball game on?

Congrats, Becky... I'm still smiling over the Red Wings Championship (and bewildered about the Detroit Tigers.)

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Yes, Kris, way to go Red Wings!!! Did they win something?

b

 
At 1:07 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Oooh, that's cold as ice! I think they play one of those sports we chose to let someone else win this year. I think there's one other too but I'm still mentally blocking it.

 
At 6:59 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

me too, sm.

But I'm happy for Kris.

b

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Good on ya mate!

 
At 4:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even I watched the game. Probably because it happened to be on in the living room and I was on the computer but I did watch a lot of it because the wasband was watching and kept saying "Look at this" and to be polite I would look. I'm glad they won though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home