Friday, June 27, 2008

Cat Tales

Gretel loves me this time.  She was always the more aloof of the two, the one you couldn't find for two or thre days because she  wedged herself into the inner springs of a chair or under the bed.  Speaking of that, I was napping the othr day (I know, dear reader, you thought I was a fount of energy at all times--HAH!) and thought my sinuses were making a weird noise.  Every time I breathed in or out I was making this little high-pitched squeak and it started to freak me out.

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT.  WHY AM I DOING IT.

Then I ascertained that it was not related to my breathing.  What could it be?  My stomach?  God, I hope not.

THIS IS VERY STRANGE.

Then I thought, what if there is a cat under my bed.

And there was.  It was a little bit like waking up after a bad dream and feeling so happy that it wasn't true.  There she was, cute little Gretel snoring away between the suitcase and a box of old photographs.

Speaking of old, I have resurrected an old laptop and am online by a hair.  The other thing about cats is their propensity to get in trouble when you are not looking.  When you are in the same room with them, they are models of grace and comportment.  YAWN.  Then when you are upstairs you hear bangs and thuds and these two do something that sounds like the dining room chair is going in and out under the table.  Maybe they're having a fancy dinner party down there and getting the place settings ready for their friends. 

MITZI, HI.  HOW ARE YOU TODAY?  YOU'LL BE SITTING WITH COSMO RIGHT HERE.  OH YES, LET ME PULL THAT CHAIR OUT FOR YOU.
AND MAX?  DIVINE TO SEE YOU, DARLING, OH YES HAVE A BITE OF THOSE FLOWERS IN THE VASE.  AREN'T THEY YUMMY?  IF YOU NEED TO PUKE THAT UP, MAX, JUST STEP RIGHT OVER THERE NEAR THE CHINA CABINET.

When you walk into a room, you will frequently see them jumping down from the countertop or down from the mantelpiece or wherever they have gotten to.
I WAS ONLY UP HERE FOR A SECOND.  SOMETHING REQUIRED MY ATTENTION AND I WASN'T INTENDING TO STAY HERE.  I COULD CARE LESS.

But anyway, they are cute and inquisitive and heavy nappers.  And Gretel loves me.  She walks on me when I am in bed and I love that.  The only part I don't love is when she settles somewhere on the terrain of me and flexes her claws in and out.  HEY.

Parceling out these June days, dear reader.  They are jewels.
Have a great weekend.


A bientot
love,
becky

4 Comments:

At 9:07 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Yay I knew the arrival of the felines would bring some great cat stories! You have cats down pat - so to speak.
I had that very same experience of the cat under the bed (and I mean in every detail, except the suitcase and box of old photographs - in my case it was on an old mattress) ... I was wondering about the strange whistle in my breathing too!
I'm glad you're a napper as well. ;)

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Do you ever read the Arlo & Janice comic strip? Great cat drawings...

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I must say I am glad they're gone, though, Kay. Do you have cats?

sm, no I haven't seen that one. I must look it up.

b

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

It's online here: http://www.comics.com/comics/arlonjanis/

Today's (6/30) happens to be a cat strip, and here's another recent one:
http://www.comics.com/comics/arlonjanis/archive/arlonjanis-20080614.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home