Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day




When you first find out, it's a wonderful feeling. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Then along about the third cup of coffee, it's less exhilarating. WTF should I do now?
THINGS TO DO ON A SNOW DAY
1) Surf around on internet. Look up "protean." Try stalking old friends.
2) Tweeze unwanted eyebrow hairs.
3) Start a new crossword.
4) Gnaw on half of a cold hot dog.
5) Reset speed dial in alphabetical order.
6) View Eddy Izzard's Cake or Death routine on YouTube for the hundredth time.
Have a few more laughs and watch a few more of his. See if you can recite them by heart.
7) Consider exercising.
8) Try to remember other words you meant to look up to avoid seeming ignorant in class.
9) Go back for other half of hot dog.
10) Curse scale for its arbitrary sense of superiority.
11) Work on awesome dance moves to Wilson Pickett's "Midnight Hour." Be careful not to break floor/ceiling underneath. This should count as exercise.
12) Practice scarf tying skills.
13) Count how many items in closet have never been worn. Have a few grapes.
14) Post lengthy observations on various Yahoo group sites.
15) Consider dusting under desk.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! NOOOOOOOOO! Stop now, dear reader.
RANDOM CUTENESS




A kitten scampering around on top of the tables at a restaurant in Paris. They are much more relaxed about pets in public places than we are.





My chic daughter on a footbridge over the Seine. See Notre Dame in background?



My chic and fastidious granddaughter turning two.
I must run, dear reader. I am considering exercise.
A bientot
love,
becky

8 Comments:

At 3:08 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

My list:
1) Skip work to avoid slippery driving (don't feel too bad about it since doing some at home anyway)
2) Catch the showcase showdown on Price Is Right (I like Drew but it's not as good).
3) Catch up on some TV (rest of inauguration procession, rest of Daytona 24 Hour race).
4) Check my favorite blogs (maybe Becky will have a snow day post!).
5) Look up "protean", contemplate my own hot dog supply. Thanks for the cuteness break!

I wish I had someone to have a snowball fight with me, but I don't so I think I'll stay in. I could always have nap instead...

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

sm, those are great activities!! I would only pass on Price Is Right.

b

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Not that I'm above tuning in, but on this occasion the TV just happened to be on that channel when I flipped it on. It seemed appropriate though, since I associate the Price is Right with staying home from school (back when TV was always live, no fancy recording!). Today a middle-aged woman named Magda won Dr. Dre headphones, a full twin-turntable DJ setup, a glass-and-steel bar, and a trip to Rio. Next stop -- eBay!

 
At 4:42 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You're cracking me up!
b

 
At 1:06 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Oh, I didn't notice your Izzard link before -- "thank you for flying Church of England!".

"Not a lotta jungle in France... monkeys? Thin on the ground!" ... "Et le singe est... disparu!"

Have you seen the videos using Lego animation of Izzard's routines? They're clever, particularly Death Star Canteen (the stand up version is there too).

(Now my cheeks are hurting from laughing...)

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I have noticed them, sm, but haven't watched them. I don't like cartoons.

I could watch EI for days.
b

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Your granddaughter is too sweet! Adorable!!! Snow day ... last year we missed out on the usual one (or two) So hopefully this year we will get one (or two). I'll let you know then what I did! (Loved your list btw.)

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Kay,

I'm sure you can up with better than I did!!!


b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home