Saturday, May 30, 2009

Heeere's Kitty!






Yes, the Arrival of the Cats has occurred at Camp Becky. They travel pretty light, actually, nothing like me, who goes to the Cape packed down like a beast of burden. They don't bring any clothes. No one here will dress them up in little hats and peignoir sets. Nor will they be pushed in a buggy. They don't need bathing suits--when the toilet bobbing gets a little boisterous, they just fall in.

So far there has only been one controversy, the Where Do We Get to Sleep battle, or Why Can't We Sleep On Your Bed In The Exact Same Spot As You imbroglio. I started the first night by locking them out of the bedroom. It worked fine. They were disoriented anyway and didn't know which way was what. By the second night, they knew where I was and wanted in. A little
scratching on the door but not for too long. By the third night, intense scratching and brutal clawing of the carpet under the door.






They won.









YOU'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT US, ARE YOU? WE WOULD NEVER ACT THAT WAY--NOT KNOWINGLY. LOOK HOW NICE WE ARE.

They're casual about it now and don't rub it in, so that's good. One thing I admire about cats is their total change of attitude (TCA) now and then. They will be doing a no-holds-barred NASCAR circuit around the house, 600 mph, up and down the stairs in a blinding flash, and then all of a sudden TCA. They come to a complete stop, yawn, and then sroll across the room with another yawn. YEAH? WHAT?




This is their high-tech rest room.
The thing has a hydraulic lift in it and you can hear it at night sometimes. It's not quite as romantic as the far-off sound of a locomotive, but comforting in its way.







They are settling into a comfortable routine. I think they are writing a book. I fear it may be a tell-all expose of my house. Gulp.

Later, dear reader
love,
becky

11 Comments:

At 1:32 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Those two are a sketch -- it seems endearing to have someone clawing to get into your bedroom, but I suppose it's not if you're trying to sleep!

Alas, I think I know why they're visiting you though, and it's making me sad -- I miss her already. :(

 
At 2:56 AM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Even we let our cats sleep inside in the warm lounge tonight - they are usually put out into the laundry because they tend to drag in the results of any night hunting - yerks!
I'm dying to read their novel!

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

sm--yes, I should leave out the fact that it's cats that are trying to claw their way into my bedroom. Of course then it could sound like vampires.

Kay--these cats are never let outdoors, and I would love it if they would catch a mouse or two in here. Yours are real hunters. I'll be sure you get a copy of their book....

b

 
At 9:18 AM , Anonymous Melissa said...

Who are you sandman1?

 
At 1:46 AM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Oh, hello Melissa. That's a fair question. I don't think I even have a metaphysical answer to it, but we can start more simply: here are some pictures that would at least help pick me out of a lineup...

-Andrew

b - Vampires are very in right now!

 
At 9:09 AM , Anonymous Melissa said...

Thanks, Andrew, I appreciate you coming forward. I do want to say though that it's weird having an unknown person refer to me on my mother's blog. I'm glad you like the blog - I do too - but I think I would prefer you not mention/make reference to me there in the future.

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Hey Andrew,

Gosh, this is a little awkward. I'm happy to know you and have really appreciated your funny and insightful comments. I hope you don't go away, but I'm glad you revealed yourself. Are you a canoe-er?

b

 
At 11:50 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

I am deeply sorry, Melissa, and will of course abide your wishes.

Thanks Becky; please forgive my intrusions. I have canoed as a kid, but only row now, and not very often at that. My father built that boat.

-Andrew

 
At 7:54 AM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

Gosh, to me all those skills are the same--even kayaking. But I know that's wrong. I can't think of anything worse than being wedged into a kayak and facing turbulence. Claustrophobia!

b

 
At 10:34 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

You're right, they're all related -- rowing might be a little more tricky to learn, what with the two oars and facing backwards, but I learned a long time ago. The only reason I don't canoe, really, is that I don't have a canoe, but I've never been drawn to kayaks -- I don't like that zipped-in seating either, sitting practically in the water, and the boats are plastic mostly, and I don't like the way the water dribbles down the side of the paddle you're holding up in the air and into your lap. But it's certainly popular -- I see a lot more people out in those things than out rowing.

 
At 6:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Andrew. Sorry for the long time to respond - have been out of town. Appreciate your response though. No hard feelings of course, I know you meant no harm.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home