Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the Thirteenth










Which one of these would you rather see in your driveway today? Which one would represent true bad luck? I personally have had way more dealings with the second one than I ever pictured for myself. And I'm not talking about unsavory individuals, although now that I think about it, I've had doings with them too. It comes from living in the country, I guess, the boonies, the outposts of civilization. You have to deal with critters and varmints, and a few people who could use a good sheep dip.

I caught a number of squirrels last year in a trap I used on my roof. It was a stupid thing to do on many counts, not least because I had to walk through my house with the victim writhing in confusion and panic and spreading leaves and debris on my Martha Stewart decorating centers. Also it's illegal. Who knew? Maybe it should be in the driver's manual when people take their road test. Let's see, 100 feet behind a school bus, 6 feet behind another car, and don't transport wildlife from one town to another. Stay 500 feet behind any skunk in a trap.

I considered putting Jason's picture here or Freddy Krueger's, but since I loathe and despise movies like that, I declined. For a thousand dollars I would watch Freddy Kreuger, though, and pay attention to every scene [cf. previous "whoring" post]. I have never understood why people are willing to pay to be frightened. I pretty much would pay NOT to be frightened. I didn't get that scare-me-I-love-it gene that everyone else has. My friend Tom has forced me to watch a few Chucky movies and the only time it is worth it is when the little guy walks up the fire escape in his herky-jerky manner, ready to slash the little kid or the mother or the landlord or whoever is stupid enough to let him in. I have also seen a Leprechaun movie, which was boring to the point of hospitalization.

ZEST is in the air, boys and girls. I have a medium amount of schoolwork to do, so there may be time for some actual frivolity over the weekend.

A bientot

Be here now.

love,
becky

4 Comments:

At 2:29 PM , Blogger Kay Cooke said...

and a few people who could use a good sheep dip. THIS is a great line!!! Another hilarious post!
I too don't like the scary movies - anyway some of them beggar belief. Chucky for example - I mean, come on.

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

You're so right, Chief. In the end, they're all supremely boring. jmo,b

 
At 8:48 PM , Blogger sandman1 said...

Isn't there an endorphin rush after being scared, or something like that? It might be related to liking sky-diving or roller coasters, though lacking physical part.

Plus it gives people on a date a chance to assess their roles as protector/protected. Or at least an excuse to grab each other.

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Becky Willis Motew said...

I think grabbing is the goal, sandman.

b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home